Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How to introduce oneself formally and informally

zizoutamlazizoutamla Posts: 20 ✭✭
How to introduce yourself in English
how to introduce yourself
how to introduce yourself

One of the primary things learners should know at the very beginning of their learning process is how to introduce themselves properly in the target language. Introducing yourself is needed not only in the making of personal relations but also in your professional life, including: meetings, job interviews, conferences etc. Therefore, we have prepared this complete guide for you so as to help you learn how to introduce yourself in different situations.

How to introduce myself formally:

A formal introduction can have a great impact while setting for a job interview or meeting. We can introduce ourselves formally just as follows:

Full name:

§ First of all, I’d like to introduce myself, my name’s Jack
§ Let me introduce myself. Dr. Steve Perkins.
§ First and foremost, Nice to meet you, my name’s…
§ I’m delighted to meet you, I’m Jack

Academic background:

§ As for my academic background, I studied Mathematics for three years at New York University.
§ Concerning my academic credentials, I hold a master degree in computer engineering.
§ I pursued my higher education in New York University.

Professional experience:

§ I have worked for……since 2005

§ In a nutshell, my experience starts in 2015 as an assistant. My experience has been enriched when I moved to work as…..

How to introduce yourself informally:

§ Hi! It’s Jack from England, I’m twenty
§ Hello! My name’s is Jack, I’m English, nice to meet.

How to introduce others:

§ This is Mark!
§ May I introduce Sally Young? Sally is an English teacher
§ Let me introduce John Stevens. He will be joining us for dinner, tonight
§ I’d like you to meet Dr. Lee. She’s a university professor.
§ Have you already met Maria Jones? She runs a café bar in Paris

Comments

• zizoutamlazizoutamla Posts: 20 ✭✭
    http://www.englishpagee.com/how-to-introduce-yourself-in-english/
    When you finish reading the lesson, introduce yourself to us, please!
  • thuyvothuyvo Posts: 50 ✭✭
    hey Zizoutamla! nice to meet you, I remember we have a thread for everyone introduce themselves already :wink:
    Yep! My objective through this lesson os to provide learners with some basic expressions which they can use to introduce themselves on different occasions. Notice that I have added things related to professional experience and academic background. Thanks!
  • peaceculture2peaceculture2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep! My objective through this lesson os to provide learners with some basic expressions which they can use to introduce themselves on different occasions. Notice that I have added things related to professional experience and academic background. Thanks!

Thank you so much for your useful tips, Can I know the meaning of Nutshell. By the way, I'm Peace Culture, I'm glad to know you
    We can't stop learning Peace to you
    Thanks for your feedback PeaceCulture. Concerning the word "nutshell", it means "briefly speaking"
  • DartasDartas Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Hello ! I want to prensent myself formally, because I am here to learn English for my professional life. So, I am sure, I will have more occasion to present myself for my job rather than in my social life !

First and foremost, nice to meet you, my name is Damien. I am from Bordeaux in France. Concerning my academic credentials, I hold a master degree in neurosciences, and I studied, in a year of preparation of administration contests, economy, public finances, human resource management and european and public law.
    Dartas! Your presentation is great
  • ZenZen Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hello ! I'd like to introduce myself. My name is zubair. I am from New Delhi in India. About my qualification i have completed my graduation bachelor of computer application at 2016 and now currently i am doing master programmes also in Computer Application. About my professional experience. i have started at 2015 in new delhi. I have worked for tow companies in the past two years in the development field.
  • manuelctmanuelct Posts: 6
    Hello, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Manuel Cipamocha from Bogota, Colombia (South America) . I'm a Telecommunications Engineer and I have a Specialization Degree in Project Managament. I have worked for Telecom companies since 2008. Finally, I want to improve my English because I really enjoy traveling around the world but, my English is not so good.
    @manuelct good presentation. By the way, your English is good
    @zubair nice presentation
  • hashimhashim Posts: 5
    Hi, Im hashim Ihold a master degree in business administration
    @hashim nice to meet you Hashim
  • hashimhashim Posts: 5
    thank you nice to meet you too @zizoutamla
  • AlkhatouneAlkhatoune Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is Fatima I'am French I recently moved in Uk. In the past I have worked in a diplomatic frame, I was an administrative officer. Well, I decided to look for another way so really I enjoy to improve my english language.
  • tashatasha Posts: 25 ✭✭
    And I would like to indroduce myself. My name is Tamara. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I have degree in Business economy. Like many others here, I would like to improve my english language.
  • nishantnishant Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hello everyone,myself nishant kumar and I m from Kolkata,India.i am delighted to be join this group.
  • nishantnishant Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I am a student of b.tech from nsec,Kolkata.i would like to learn how to speak English very well.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    @zizoutamla .First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing this page,my name's mouna,I work in a public hospital as a nephrologist.I studied in medical university of Algiers then I did many training in differents medical service.
  • AndrewSotnikovAndrewSotnikov Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Hello. My name is Andrew. I live in Ukraine.
    I work engineer for a 6 years. Further, I want to change my job closer to IT sphere.
  • cat1045cat1045 Posts: 8
    hi,I am Cat. I live in Brazil studied linguistic at the college and love learning and improving my English!
  • eva_200eva_200 Posts: 3
    I'd like to introduce myself. Here is Eva hanna. I'm from Mexico and studied master of philosophy in microbiology. I want to improve my English speaking skills that's why I joined your page. It seems very helpful.
  • lisalisa Posts: 391 ✭✭
    First of all, I'd like to intruduce myself, my name is Lisa, and I am from China and working in Algeria now. I want to improve my English skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
  • jessy50jessy50 Posts: 4
    First of alI .I would like to introduce myself,My name is Jessy Oomman.At present residing at Riyadh.I am from India.I studied Radiograhy and was working as a Radiograher
    since1997.But i left my job 9 years back.I am very happy to join this forum.It seems helpful.
  • bymohbymoh Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I’m delighted to meet you, I’m Mohammed , I'm from Algeria, Concerning my academic credentials, I hold a master degree in Petroleum Drilling, I'm working now as petroleum drilling Trainer at Algerian Petroleum Institute since june 2016
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,349 mod
    Hi @jessy50 ,
    Nice to meet you.
    I think you'd better say: "I had studied Radiography and then worked as a radiographer from 1997 until 9 years ago."

Have you another occupation, now?
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,349 mod
    Hi @bymoh ,
    Nice to meet you too.
    Where do you drill petroleum?
    On an island?

BTW; maybe it's better to say: "I have been working as a petroleum drilling trainer at The Algerian Petroleum Institute since June 2016."