Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Tourism İn Your Country

arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
Most of Greece national income is gaining from tourism. So for the people in Greece tourism has an important place. Last year 25 Million tourists visit Greece this year we expect this number to rise.

What about tourism in your Country? Has it have an importand place at people in your country? What is your opinion about tourism?
Tagged:

Comments

• zizoutamlazizoutamla Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Tourism, in my home country, Morocco, is the third economical power after agriculture and industry. We ve got worth visitng places and respectful level of services. I think tourism is of paramount importance not only for its economic returns but cultural ones as well.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    I know a lot about tourism in Nepal. Here it is their biggest industry but they don't even manage one million visitors a year! The biggest problem is that most people think Nepal is a cheap country but they then discover that it is not as cheap as most other Asian countries. Tourists tend not to spend much money.

Nice too survives mainly from tourism as this city does not have much industry. It is however the number one tourist destination after Paris with around 5 million visitors per year. As 40% of the tourist flow is on the French Riviera, this mean on average 1 visitor in 100 in Europe stays at least one night in Nice. It has the highest concentration of museums after Paris, (I didn't know this) with 19 museums and art galleries. It also can boast to be the first city in France with vineyards within the city limits.

France ranks as number 1 for tourists (over 80 million normally and I think 83 million last year following the attack in Nice). Tourism accounts for 7% of French GDP. However France ranks behind the United States and China in terms of tourist spending.

How is tourism doing in Greece these days @arzulita?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

• arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge
    Greece has a big economic crise and tourism has an important role in these seasons because the number of tourist visitors help the country to be comfortable economically for a while.

Greece has very clean seas, beautiful islands, beaches also we have much historical places and museums. The nightlife is popular and our servises are good so we are attracting tourists.

Last year 25 Million tourists visited Greece, that was not enough, but it did certainly do the country good. As the 2017 tourist season has started the expectation is a better year with nearly 30 Million tourists.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 755 OTT
    @arzulita tourism is big in Scotland
    http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/07/rain.html
    @arzulita I was surprised to see that according to the map, Turkey seems to have a lot more tourists than most countries. Though maybe these figures are out of date.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 755 OTT
    @mheredge Pleasant people so much returns
    Though tourism is very high in Nice and the Cote d'Azur, the area just inland from there is fabulous but not that well publicised.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    The tourism in my country Algeria isn't developed,we have very beautiful places to visit,our big Sahara is wonderful but any one is interested to develop tourism there,when you go to the hotel for holiday the persons who work there don't have any idea about how to give a good services for their customers,the prices are very expensive.I hope one day this truth could be changed,rich people are invited to invest in tourism especially in Sahara they will success in their projects.
    Maybe Algeria needs to look at Tunisia and Morocco for ideas on how to run tourist services @mouna.