Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Abroad or Home?!

navidafrasiabiannavidafrasiabian Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
I want to go abroad in order to study there. My primary reason was the fact that I couldn't find a excellent professor here who has good experience and knowledge in that area.
Could you tell me about studying abroad?! How hard can it be?! How enjoyable can it be?! What are the positive and the negative points about it?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    This is a good question @navidafrasiabian. A lot depends on finance of course, because it can be very expensive studying abroad, not only in terms of fees, but living expenses too. I understand Slovenia offers courses free, and the cost of living is quite cheap too. This country has a small population but a very well-educationed one.

The next question is language. In anglophone countries, you need a good grade in the IELTS or American equivalent to apply to colleges.

Positive points are that you might be able to study subjects unavailable in your home country, to a higher level, and with international students. I always believe that an international environment is a big plus.

This depends on how easy it is for you to adapt and make friends, but it can help you become more self dependent. On the down side, you might feel homesick, missing friends and family.
  • arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    İf you want to study abroad you have to choose the right country for you. Yes there are difficulties like all the examples that gave you@mheredge.

On the other hand it is enjoyable! You make friends, you learn their lifestyle, their traditions, you learn a different language, you tell about your country, your traditions, your lifestyle.

Studying abroad is a chance to see different places and coulture and to learn to stand on your own foot! İt makes you stronger and fearless.

İ am studying abroad my friend and if you have financial strength I advise you to do the same. Study abroad!
    @navidafrasiabian I think it would be a wonderful experience and will change your life. If you have the chance, you should go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
  • EppingEpping Posts: 25 ✭✭
    In situations like this, I think you should give it a try. You'll know the best answer after that cause nobody can give you an advice with exactly the same condition.
    I think living abroad is a great way to learn a lot about life. It opens the mind.