Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

When you feel bored, what do you do?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,594 mod
edited June 11 in Conditionals
Remember not to confuse bored and boring.

Bored vs Boring

(To be honest I rarely feel bored, I am too busy.)

Comments

• SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    edited June 11
    What kind of music are you listening Cheicksylla ?

--------------------------

What kind of music do you listen to Cheicksylla?
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    @Hayden, your name reminds me on the classical music, that I prefer to listen in the boring times. Do you know Franz Joseph Haydn?

Excellent music to cheer me up :)
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Honestly I didn"t now him @Tinka ,, but I didn"t understand how my name remained you with classic ??!
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is because your name @Hayden is close to the musician's name Haydn. I know Haydn, but classical music usually have very complicate title , for instance: Symphony No 3 in C minor. I can't remember any of his works' name. :)
  • sapkassapkas Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited June 13
    If you have a toddler ,you don't have time to be bored:) But when I have free time, I am looking for a new pleace which I want to see, and I am planing a trip (especially mountain hiking or climbing).

-------------------

If you have a toddler, you don't have time to be bored, but when I have any free time, I look for a new place to explore and plan a trip (especially mountain hiking or climbing).
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited June 13
    all these activities that you are doing when you feel boring were cool ,,

--------------------------

All the activities that you do when you feel bored are cool.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited June 11
    Usually i feel boring when i'm doing something i dont like. so at that time i used to sing a song when i'm alone :). if someone is with me i dont sing. when i'm at home i get the ball and i play with ball few minutes or play games in my phone.

------------------

Usually I feel bored when I'm doing something I don't like, so when that happens I sing a song (when I'm alone). If someone is with me I don't sing. when I'm at home I fetch a ball and I play with it for a few minutes. Sometimes I play games on my phone.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • farahawahfarahawah Posts: 6
    edited June 13
    When I got bored, I usually watches dvd or goes to swim. Feeling relax and killing the time.

--------------------

When I got bored, I usually watch a DVD or go swimming. That was I feel relaxed and I'm killing the time.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • SaraSara Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    This is very interesting question. It really really made me think. Honestly, I don't remember when I was bored last.

-----------------

This is a very interesting question. It really really made me think. Honestly, I don't remember when I was last bored.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 8
    edited June 13
    When I feel boring, I watch a movie like The Theory of Everything.

---------------------

When I feel bored, I watch a movie like The Theory of Everything.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • AlmaAlma Posts: 3
    edited June 13
    When I feel boring ..usually lesson to music or wach movie or painting. o:)

---------------------

When I feel bored I usually listen to music, watch a movie, or do some painting.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • asmaawafyasmaawafy Posts: 16 ✭✭
    When I feel boring I actually run up and down . by this exercise , I can refresh my self . and feel better .
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    When I'm bored is so easy to push myself outside of this feeling. I love music and I know play harmonica and few percussion instruments as well. So, in that situations I just take my harmonica and play the blues or something like that. In the same way, I love to listen to blues and samba. If I can't listen or play something, I just try to read some interesting things, watch some speech or enjoy my thoughts. :smile:
  • madhugmadhug Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    If I feel bored, i watch comedy movies or comedy TV shows these are very funny. I would feel very relax after watching funny programmes. sometimes I like to chit chat with my close friends on phone.

----------------------

If I feel bored, I watch comedy movies or comedy TV shows, these are very funny. I feel very relaxed after watching funny programmes. Sometimes, I like to chat with my close friends on the phone.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,695 mod
    I look what the fridge has to offer.
  • RobRob Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I like and know should use in bore moments, but I not meditate.
  • nonanona Posts: 1
    I prefer to go out but,actually I sleep.