Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,130 mod
    I used a blanket the past couple of nights. Just a sheet wasn't quite enough. It's a bit cooler again here at the Tibetan settlement where I'm staying. I might need the duvet that's waiting, rolled up on the bed.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,398 mod
    The sun is playing hide and seek here.
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    edited December 2013
    And here it keeps raining, so calm and quiet, and the sun didn't show your yellow face today yet, maybe in the late afternoon, who knows?

------------------------

And here it keeps raining, so calm and quiet, and the sun hasn't shown its yellow face today yet. Maybe in the late afternoon. Who knows?
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • science24science24 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    it is so cold and cloudy day, really boring for me

-----------------------

It is such a cold and cloudy day, really boring for me.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    edited December 2013
    It was foggy this morning and it made every where very scary.
    We couldn't see very farther than 2 meters. I didn't wonder if I saw a zombie middle of the fog.

----------------------------

It was foggy this morning and it made everywhere very scary. We couldn't see farther than 2 meters. I wouldn't have been surprised if I had seen a zombie in the middle of the fog.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Have snow there, @24?

@Nil, I put a song to you in 'Listening Now'. ;)
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,586 mod
    edited December 2013
    We were blown up the centre of England. The van got us through flooded roads and managed to deliver us safe and sound.

Amusingly the weather forecast from the meteorological office was for 70 - 80 mph winds, but the press kept saying they would hit 100 mph. I guess 80 mph wasn't exciting enough for them.

Here's one headline (which was in a very large font): Deadly 100mph storm chaos.

It went on: A ferocious storm is set to ravage Britain today, bringing chaos to shoppers and travellers trying to get away for Christmas.

It's amazing we all survived.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I hope you are all well out there @Lynne, also hope that the press have exaggerated a bit.
    I wish that good winds blow around! [-O<
    Glad to hear you all alright @Lynne.
    In the news they said: stormy weather in the southern of England.
    I hope Laika was not too frightened.
    edited December 2013
    Today has not stopped raining one minute, and the forecast is that tomorrow will be the same. I hope that tomorrow is not below 15 ° C, because my people feel very cold.

----------------------------------------------

Today it has not stopped raining for one minute, and the forecast is that tomorrow will be the same. I hope that tomorrow it doesn't fall below 15°C, because my people feel the cold.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    OMG!
    Stormy weather here since last night. 8-|
    And the rain does not stop!
    Sunny, but not too hot, today's weather couldn't have been more perfect.
    edited December 2013
    In spite of the stormy weather I was able to do my Christmas shopping today.
    Only food shopping @Lynne, not searching for handbags or shoes. :)
    But don't ask me how I looked during my shopping activity because I looked terrible, suffering from the wind and the rain. :(
    On the street I came across a friend.
    My goodness! How could she still looked so beautiful in such a weather!
    For me, this day was one of the bad hair days of the year; the worst probably. :))

-----------------------------

In spite of the stormy weather I was able to do my Christmas shopping today.
    Only food shopping @Lynne, not searching for handbags or shoes.
    But don't ask me how I looked during my shopping trip, because I looked terrible, suffering from the wind and the rain.
    On the street I came across a friend.
    My goodness! How could she still look so beautiful in such weather!
    For me, this day was one of the bad hair days of the year; the worst probably.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • GlareGlare Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    Today still has a little fog, the temperatures is between 0ºC and 2ºC in NanJing China.
    When I walk to my office that will be wearing winter clothes,but I also feel like freezing myself.

--------------------------

Today is still a little foggy, the temperature is between 0ºC and 2ºC in NanJing China.

When I walk to my office I wear winter clothes,but I still feel freezing cold.

!Note - "I feel like freezing myself" sounds as if you are about to deliberately jump into a freezer.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,680 mod
    edited December 2013
    @ Lynne, I saw a few picture and thought on you. The Christmas Wonderland in Hyde Park, we were a few winters ago, was closed due to the stormy weather.

------------------------

Lynne, I saw a few picture and thought of you. The Christmas Wonderland in Hyde Park, we were there a few winters ago, was closed due to the stormy weather.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Yesterday we had Storm Dirk here and today, on this Christmas day, all is calm and all is bright. :)
    Did the UK get a white Christmas after all? It was a beautiful sunny day here, starting off a little cool, but by lunch time it was a bit warmer than the previous few days.
    edited December 2013
    A few days ago here the landscape was white, but now after the warm breeze everything is green with lots of brown little molehills.
    This morning I wasn`t aware of the warm weather and wore my Long Johns for my daily walk. I was just too lazy going home for a change.

--------------------------

A few days ago the landscape here was white, but now after a warm breeze everything is green with lots of little brown molehills.

This morning I wasn`t aware of the warm weather and wore my long-johns for my daily walk. I was just too lazy to go home to change.

!Note - for a change means you do something different. For example: We usually eat pizza on a Friday, but tonight we ate curry for a change.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • science24science24 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    It is snowing right now, I hope it will keep snowing, that allows us to stay at home reading and surfing internet.

-----------------------

It is snowing right now, I hope it will keep snowing, because it will allow us to stay at home reading and surfing the internet.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    After a couple of days the sun shows its face, and it is hot. image
  • [Ex Member][Ex Member] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭
    It is quite warm for this time of year. However a very strong wind is blowing in the mountains nearby. It has caused a lot of damage. :(
    edited July 2014
    Yes Prosey it's really strange actually, this weather.
    No winter at all and it worries me a bit. Is global warming already that far?

-----------------------

Yes Prosey it's really strange, this weather: No winter at all; it worries me a bit. Is global warming already that far advanced?
    Post edited by pryfllwyd on
    It's getting warmer. I think it was 28 degrees this afternoon, but even now it's still 24 degrees (7.30pm).
    edited December 2013
    I don't know, April. But it is not improbable that Russian winter will come in January. Weather is unpredictable nowadays. I remember a warm December and minus 20 degrees afterwards.

---------------------------

I don't know, April. But it is not improbable that a Russian winter will arrive in January.

The weather is unpredictable nowadays. I remember a warm December and minus 20 degrees afterwards.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I am jealous, Marianne. :)
    edited July 2014
    I'm really taken with sub-tropical weather Prosey ! I don't get the aches and pains any more that I used to have in Europe.
    Post edited by pryfllwyd on
    Wow :)
    edited December 2013
    I do not know what all about I shall say about the weather here. Well, it is green the warm wind has taken away all the snow.

-----------------------

I have no idea what to say about the weather here. Well, it is green; the warm wind has taken away all the snow.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Not my favourite weather today.
    I don't want to go outside; the wind will blow me away. [-O<