Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

Comments

• HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,680 mod
    Hi Marianne, yes he did. Funny enough about the fact that `bleed`has different meanings.
    I am really curious to know what Lynne`s husand had done with their radiators.
    edited December 2013
    Oh I see I am in the weather section and wrote something else.
    Well we had no sun today and it was quite cold. I was outside without many layers of clothings - I was cold when I came in.

--------------------

Well we had no sun today and it was quite cold. I was outside without many layers of clothing, so I was cold when I came in
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,586 mod
    I guess radiators are kind of linked to the weather, as we only need them when it's cold.

It was raining when I got up this morning, so Laika is still waiting for her walk. I think I've turned into a wuss, in England it wouldn't have bothered me.
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    Scattered clouds, rain only to late afternoon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Still cold without any rain or snow.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,130 mod
    I have only seen ten minutes of rain in the last month. It is funny how you get to miss it, but I don't ever miss the leaden skies and cold.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    Last night's rain was stupendous!
    @Helvio, you sound like a weather reporter.

I got soaked walking Laika. It serves me right for waiting until the rain supposedly stopped, because when it started again, it was much worse.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,398 mod
    We also had rain last night, but today it's 11°C again. Thanks for sending me back my nice weather @Lynne.
    @Lynne, is it a good thing? :))
    edited December 2013
    @Helvio - it depends.

@April - can I have it back please?
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Could you be more especificaly, @Lynne? :D
    I am in shame, excuse me @Lynne. :(
    edited December 2013
    To @Lynne,

Today when I woke up the rain was pouring down, I was a bit lazy to wear my rain cape but I needed to arrive dry at work. The rain followed me during all my way to work and it was extremely pleasant. It is raining yet, there is no wind out there and all I can see from my window are so quiet and calm.

---------------------

Today when I woke up it was pouring. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to put on my rain cape, but I needed to arrive at work dry. The rain followed me all the way to work and it was extremely pleasant. It is still raining, but there is no wind out there and everything I can see from my window is quiet and calm.
    Hi Helvio,

No blame, no shame. Just a bit of fun.

Great post above. When you have to put on your cape, just think of Batman. :)

It keeps threatening to snow here, I think the weather is playing tricks.
    Thank you Lynne, corrections are always welcome!

I was trying to don't sound like a weather reporter. :D
    edited January 2014
    It's still nice winter weather here, though a bit more windy than the days before.

------------------

It's still nice winter weather here, though a bit windier than it has been.

!Note - when a word ends in "y" we add "ier" to form the comparative.

http://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/adjectivecomp.html
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I couldn't understand yesterday why everyone kept saying that it was cold. It wasn't quite as sweltering as it had been, but was still warmer than a good summer's day in the UK. Apparently it's colder than normal by local standards. It's perfect for me of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    In Los Angeles California its 50 degrees at 710 pm 12/21/13:)

-------------------------
    In Los Angeles, California it's 50 degrees at 7:10 pm on 12/21/13.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @tuco2711 what's that in Centigrade? I have no idea what that is if it's not Centigrade.

Here in Mysore in south India it is a very pleasant 25 degrees and mostly sunny (midday).

edited December 2013
    Danger of slippering. During a day it is chancing from cold to warm and that leads to the danger. I step alonge as if I am 80+.

---------------------------

Danger of slipping. During the day it has warmed up, and that leads to the danger. I step along as if I am 80+.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    It is raining this afternoon, but it wasn't this morning when the city council treated us with pancakes, french fries, pea soup, jenever, mint tea etc. :)

------------------------------------

It is raining this afternoon, but it wasn't this morning when the city council treated us to pancakes, french fries, pea soup, jenever, mint tea etc.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    April - why has the council treared you with those stuff? Are you in an excepional situation?
    This one is because it is the end of the year and next month they will treat the residents because it will be a new year @Hermine. :)
    They are good for us, aren't they :))
    I don't know if they are good for you, but they are certainly good to you @April.

@Hermine, you would only be in danger of a slippering if you had been naughty.

We have managed to hit the UK at last, but had to travel through a lot of windy, wet weather. Since reaching Blighty, it's been sunny, windy, rainy and everything in between. I always forget how much I love England. :)
    OMG ! :((
    @Lynne, would you please please please explain the use of the preposition in to be good for and to be good to ...
    edited December 2013
    Orange juice is good for you.
    When I give hubby an orange juice, I'm being good to him, because it's good for him.

This wet and windy weather is not good for me. Hubby was good to me when he walked Laika this morning.
    Thanks @Lynne.
    Are you not well Lynne? (This wet and windy weather is not good for me.)
    Hubby will make me a hot water bottle.