Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,179 mod
    It's very windy here too, but worse further north. The wind is a westerly, so it's not too cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    edited October 2016
    Today the weather is really cold and it is snowing at the moment in here.Every where is white and beautiful.It is a lovely weather.At least for me

----------------------------

Today the weather is really cold and it is snowing at the moment. Everywhere is white and beautiful. It is lovely weather. At least for me.
    or

It is really cold today, and it is snowing at the moment. Everywhere is white and beautiful. It is lovely weather. At least for me.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,010 mod
    edited December 2013
    @April, I saw the horrible situation in your country on the telly. It is better not to have a walk ther in that time, a huge wave could swallove you off.

Last night was better as the forecast announcest. It was mild. I was quite early up this morning went to a special service at church called `Rorate`and afterwards some nice women prepared a nice breakfast for all of us. We had a nice chat there and went home.

Today is going to come `der Nikolaus`. I bought some kinds of nuts, mandarines and some chocolate Nikoläuse, that mustn`t miss.

---------------------------

April, I saw the horrible situation in your country on the telly. It would be better not to go for a walk there, a huge wave could swallow you.

Last night was better than the forecast had promised. It was mild. I was up quite early this morning and went to a special service at church called `Rorate`, afterwards some nice women prepared a lovely breakfast for all of us. We had a friendly chat and then went home.

Today `der Nikolaus` is going to come. I bought some mixed nuts, mandarines and some chocolate Nikoläuse.

Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,673 mod
    My tablet said it was 30 degrees but then it said 'feels like' 41C. No wonder I felt a tad warm.

It's lovely and sunny, but a bit humid. The water for the shower is hot, but I think it's only the sun and not solar heating as such. And this is winter weather?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,169 mod
    It's pretty non-descript here. Grey, cold, not at all inspiring. Just the sort of day to get on with some paperwork.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,026 mod
    In The Netherlands and Belgium we call today's windstorm the "St Nicolas storm", because today St Nicolas came in town.
    It was very cold and windy and we still worry about the water level in Antwerp tonight.
    edited December 2013
    @April - maybe St Nicolas had been eating beans.

Well yesterday, completely oblivious to the world outside, I set off for a walk with Laika and ended up walking through a hurricane. Luckily it had lost most of its strength by the time it hit here, but it was - um - interesting.

Yesterday the UK suffered the worst storm surge in 60 year. The defenses held in most places, but 15,000 people were advised to leave their homes. (Unfortunately there's more to come.)
    Lots of beans much have been eaten over Britain @Lynne, if those storms that I hear have been beating the shores are anything to go by. They say it's forecast to be the worst winter in 30 years.
    Why is it that I seem to be in the hottest place in India? It's 32C and even Mumbai isn't roasting quite as much as we are down here.
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May you think there was also in winter.
    edited December 2013
    @mheredge you are very lucky to have hot weather.We are freezing in here.it is about one week that I am ill.I really like cold weather but I hate the illness.

-----------------------

@mheredge you are very lucky to have hot weather. We are freezing here.

I have been ill for about a week.

I really like cold weather but I hate this illness.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    I hope you get better soon @nil, to get ill is not easy.

Here the weather is so nice today, partly cloudy skies and pleasant temperatures.

-------------------

I hope you get better soon @nil, to being ill is not easy.

Here it's so nice today, partly cloudy skies and pleasant temperatures.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    We can't complain about the weather here.
    It was sunny, no rain, no wind and about 9°C which is quite mild for the month December.

----------------------

We can't complain about the weather here. It was sunny, no rain, no wind and about 9°C which is quite mild for the month of December.

or

We can't complain about the weather here. It was sunny, no rain, no wind and about 9°C which is quite mild for December.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    No complaints here either. It's a bit milder, and although it's overcast, it's not raining, so it's all good. :)
    By "Finally", do you mean this is a relief Aladdin?
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,010 mod
    edited December 2013
    Here we have sunny days and it should remain so. The mountains and hills were fully covered in snow but the sun is melting it off and brown islands are to be seen.

----------------------

Here it's been sunny and it should remain so. The mountains and hills were completely covered in snow, but the sun is melting it and brown patches are appearing.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,505 mod
    @Lynne What I mean is I love winter :D and I like this weather :ar!
    @Aladdin - finally is usually used to highlight something when there has been difficulty or delay.

For example, in the UK people would be more likely to say:-

Finally, it's stopped raining!

Which is the same as:-

At last, it's stopped raining!

:)

Here, I'm waiting to be able to say:-

Finally, the sun has come out!
    And here, I'm waiting to be able to say:

Finally, I won the lottery!
    Well done! Are you going to push the boat out?
    What did you mean @mheredge?

I don't fish much, so I will leave the boat where it is. :P
    edited December 2013
    Snow in the Mediterranean until Israel?
    And we have such a beautiful weather here, in north!
    I wonder what kind of weather lies ahead of us, cause the winter is still long.

------------------------

Snow in the Mediterranean all the way to Israel? And yet we have such beautiful weather here, in the north!

I wonder what kind of weather lies ahead of us, because winter will be with us for a while yet.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    I saw pictures of snow on the roof of a mosque in Esfahan in Iran and I believe Jerusalem had 50cm of snow.
    edited December 2013
    Every where in Iran is snowing,except my city.why God?why?
    I need some snow to close the schools.Is it really hard for you God?
    In Qazvin the weather is cold and No snow or rain.

-----------------------

In Iran it is snowing everywhere, except in my city. Why God? Why?

I need some snow to close the schools. Is it really that hard for you God?

In Qazvin it is cold, but no snow or rain.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @Nil O:-)
    @Lynne did God send that angle to give me snow?Is he here to help me? :D
    We can but live in hope. But be careful what you wish for. :D
    Oh dear, @Nil, another fan of winter and snow. :))
This discussion has been closed.