Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,586 mod
    @amatsuscribbler - Did you miss it, or did it miss you?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,130 mod
    I have kept my cotton jacket out of my bag and kept a few shawls handy for the sleeper train tonight. I'm glad I won't be travelling in an AC compartment as travelling in an AC bus the other day, it was freezing cold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    edited November 2013
    it is raining in Qhazvin,Iran.It is a little bit cold and sky is cloudy.but I like the weather.
    the only thing that makes me feel better in this rainy weather is a cup of coffee ~O)

---------------------

It is raining in Qhazvin, Iran. It is a little cold and the sky is cloudy, but I like the weather.

The only thing that makes me feel better in this rainy weather is a cup of coffee.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Oooh yes, a cup of coffee. It's sunny and warm here in Udaipur, Rajasthan nil, but when I've finished with the Forum I'm going out to get some coffee.
    Hi Nil.

You're right, a nice cup of coffee makes everything better.

It's really miserable here. It's warmed up a bit, so the frost and snow has gone, but it's grey and dank. I think I'll make a coffee too.

~O)

(I think I promised you a section on coffee. One of our favourite subjects. )
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 Inactive
    edited November 2013
    Here the sky is cloudy but rain free.

Welcome to the forum @Nil.

-------------------------

Here the sky is cloudy but we are rain free.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    thank you Helvio.I am so happy that I joined you friends on this frum :)
    Feel at home, read the topics and any doubts feel free to ask @Lynne, :D :-\"
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,398 mod
    edited November 2013
    It was a bright sunny morning when I woke up, but only for a couple of hours.
    Last night it was a terrible weather, I think it was hailing because I heard such awful noises on the roof. It always makes me frightened. :-O

--------------------

It was a bright sunny morning when I woke up, but only for a couple of hours.
    Last night we had terrible weather, I think it was hailing because I heard such awful noises on the roof. It always frightens me.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,680 mod
    edited December 2013
    This morning was quite chilly then around noon the sun came out and by 3pm the sun disappeart and the cold came back.
    I hope my hubby won`t forget to throw the blanket over the wind screen of your car, I hate to scratch the layer of ice off.

-------------------

This morning it was quite chilly and then around noon the sun came out, but by 3pm it had disappeared and it grew cold again.

I hope my hubby won`t forget to throw a blanket over the wind screen of our car, I hate having to scrape the layer of ice off.

(He's welcome to come and cover our car windscreen, but it's quite a trip.)
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    It's a beautiful day! Sunny but cold, with a bright blue sky. My favourite!
    edited December 2013
    I don't put my eyes out there yet, but it isn't raining.

-------------------

I haven't poked my nose out there yet, but it isn't raining.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    Poor hubby, after carring the sprigs home he will have to drive over to cover wind screens. I fear he will strike.

-----------------------

Poor hubby, after carrying the sprigs home he will have to drive over to cover the windscreens. I fear he will go on strike.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    Thanks God he did it and I had clear sight. It was a wonderful day, sunny and cold. The sun shone on the snow and it was so winterly. My husband absolutley wanted to try out the snow and so he set off for a ski tour. He was back at lunchtime and so we would eat with each member of the family. We had Wienerschnitzel with potato salad and cranberry souce or marmelade. I take it a souce is more liquid compared to marmelade.

----------------------

Thank God he did it and I had a clear screen. It was a wonderful day, sunny and cold. The sun shone on the snow and it was so wintery. My husband absolutely wanted to try out the snow and so he set off for a ski tour. He was back at lunchtime and so we were able to eat together. We had Wienerschnitzel with potato salad and cranberry jelly. I think a sauce is more liquid compared to jelly.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    In Mumbai everyone is complaining that it's still hot and that winter hasn't arrived for them yet. It was rather hot and humid yesterday when I was out and about in the city, sightseeing. A few degrees less would have been very welcome, but better still, if it had been clearer. It seems that the last week or so has seen a lot of haze here.
    edited December 2013
    It is so cold.
    Last night I saw snow that was glittering opposite a lamp post, it was so wonderful I stayed there for a while. I am sure a scientist would be able to explain it to me but I am not interested of a human beings explanation. It just was so mysterious. That is Christmas for me.

--------------------------

It is so cold.

Last night I saw the snow glittering opposite a lamp post, it was so wonderful I stayed there for a while. I am sure a scientist would be able to explain it to me but I am not interested in a human explanation. It was just so mysterious.

That is Christmas for me.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Cloudy but rain free. 24ºC
  • science24science24 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Finally, we got our first snow here, it was a very cold and windy day, that means an other boring day for us.

--------------

Finally, we got our first snow here, it was a very cold and windy day, which means another boring day for us.
    edited December 2013
    Hi Hermine,

Lovely description. It sounds like Narnia. :)

If you listened to the Live Chat recording this morning you will have heard it was another cold and frosty morning for us too.

I'm starting to look nervously at the weather forecast.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    Me too @Lynne! Though I suppose like a lot of our forecasts, it will peter out to nothing!
    edited December 2013
    A thick fog was the reason for a multiple collission in Belgium this morning where one person is dead and 76 severely injured. :(

---------------------

Thick fog caused a multiple pile-up in Belgium this morning; one person is dead and 76 severely injured.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Oh dear. It wasn't foggy so much as murky in Mumbai when I left yesterday. The driving was pretty crazy but not as bad as in many places. I never see much news of pile ups but trains don't seem to be the safest mode of transport if the media is anything to go by.
    There was a bad pile-up on the Sheppey crossing this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

Again, poor visibility was the cause.

We don't get much fog where I live now, but when I lived in Nottingham it was a common occurrence. I have only ever driven in really bad fog once, I could see strange shapes in the fog as it swirled around, so I ended up pulling over and waiting it out.

We have another bright, crisp morning today. I'm heading out with Laika, so I'll chat later.
    Fog on the M62 used to be my nightmare when I used to have drive to Manchester from Leeds every couple of weeks when I was a student. I had an elderly estate car that couldn't do more than 50 mph, so I used to be terrified something would come up behind and ram me. But the Snake Pass and the route over the Penines was even worse, so sometimes it was the lesser of two evils.
    edited December 2013
    White clouds in the sky, the sun is shining and the temperature is going up.
    Last night was so hot that I can't sleep well, while reading the morning I had a bit of a bad mood.

---------------------------

White clouds in the sky, the sun is shining and the temperature is going up.
    Last night it was so hot that I couldn't sleep well, as a result I was in a bit of a bad mood while reading this morning.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2013
    Oh dear, the weather forecast for Thursday is not good.
    It'll be a heavy stormy weather at the seashore!
    They have already taken precautions. >:P

-----------------------

Oh dear, the weather forecast for Thursday is not good. There'll be heavy, stormy weather along the coast. They have already taken precautions.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @april, which city do you live?
    Antwerp, Belgium @Helvio, but I live quite far from the seashore. I just worry for people who live there. :)
    I hope nothing bad happens there, @april