Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

Comments

• science24science24 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Today, we have the four seasons in one day, a wonderful experience, but unexpected at all!!
    What should we do in such cases??

-------------------

Today, we have had all four seasons in one day. A wonderful experience, but totally unexpected!

What should we do in such cases?
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,096 mod
    Did you also have the rainbow, @science?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,292 mod
    I guess you have to dress for every occasion @Science24.
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    24º Celsius degree and partly cloudy sky, but the sun will shine in the afternoon.
    Lynne said:
    " Throughout the year, Brazilia is said have the most pleasant
    climate in Brazil.

!Note - As far as I know there is only one capital of Brazil."

So @Lynne, help me. Of course Brazil have only one capital, but we have other capitals like Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Goiânia, Belo Horizonte and more 19 capital cities.

How can I compare Brazilia with the others capitals?
    You could say, "... the most pleasant climate of all the state capitals."
    Thank you @Lynne.
    edited November 2013
    Btw, it is raining today and it is not cold and will not be, I think.

----------------

It is raining today, but it is not cold and I don't think it will get that way.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,026 mod
    edited November 2013
    In the middle of this night it began to snow and it is still snowing, thick flakes are falling. It is so wintry everything is covered in white. I am glad a shrub sitting by our house wall has got plenty of red berries on it. A few black birds discovered it some times ago and are eating from it.

-------------------------

In the middle of the night it began to snow and it is still snowing, thick flakes are falling. It is so wintry everything is covered in white. I am glad a shrub sitting by our house wall has got plenty of red berries on it. A few blackbirds discovered it some time ago and are eating from it.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,119 mod
    No passion killers for me! Though last night in an air-con bus, it was quite chilly and I was very glad my fleece was handy. I hadn't expected to need it again before heading back to Kathmandu at the end of January. It will be cold there then.

South means south India. Right now I'm in Rajasthan. Today it reached 29 degrees, though now it's 23 degrees (7pm). I'm being warned that it might drop to about 10 degrees tonight though. Happily I have a twin bedded room and so I might steal the blanket off the other bed if one isn't enough.

Oh Lynne - I hope the central heating lasted till you could get an engineer. I was only today talking to a boiler fitter from London who was telling me how boilers aren't built to last like they used. It's funny the things you get to talk about over a cup of chai in India.
    edited November 2013
    Today my husband switched on our central heating and it is working properly. It is quite an old servant and does its duty season by season.

--------------------

Today my husband switched on our central heating and it is working properly. It is quite an old servant and does its duty season after season.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Old faithful! Those old systems are worth their weight in gold. It's sunny and warm but last night I was glad of the two duvets on my bed.
    Hospitals in Britain are bracing themselves for an especially harsh winter: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/nov/24/nhs-hospitals-toughest-winter-flu-weather-vomiting?CMP=fb_gu
    edited November 2013
    It's in fact a beautiful weather today. Calm, sunny, cold.

It seems that there is no flu vaccine left here.
    I decided to go through this winter period without the vaccination. :bz
    I'll keep my fingers cross.

----------------------

It is in fact beautiful weather today. Calm, sunny, and cold.

It seems that there is no flu vaccine left, so I have decided to go through this winter period without the vaccination. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited November 2013
    Good luck April, I hope the flu stay far of you.

Here we have some fog, but the sun can be seen across it.

--------------------

Here we have some fog, but the sun can be seen through it.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    It was a cold day, the ice on the ground is frozen and it makes a nice sound when you step on it.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,212 Teacher
    I was in Hartlepool next to the sea. I thought we were going to get snow, but we escaped with just very cold weather.
    We had a fluttering of snow yesterday. I think I nearly deafened @April when I squeaked "It's snowing!".

This morning it was very frosty, so I waited for the pavements to defrost a bit before I walked Laika.
    edited November 2013
    @Lynne
    I am glad you couldn't see me with my mouth wide open Lynne. :-O

It's dry, cold though quite agreable weather for me here, but our weather forecaster keeps saying that this month is one of the ten darkest November month since 1843.

---------------------

It's dry and cold, though quite agreeable for me, here, but our weather forecaster keeps saying that this month is one of the ten darkest Novembers since 1843.

Post edited by Lynne on
    It's sunny and warm again, but in the early morning and evening it is a tad chilly. I should be sensible and wrap up a bit better.
    Lynne thank you for the correction. I knew there was something wrong with the last sentence I wrote. But the correction makes me think, the tense that is needed her is far beyond my level.
    Never fear Hermie. Remember, grammar is just the glue to stick words together.
    edited November 2013
    I was a sunny day, but very cold. The last snow we got is still on the ground and by the edges of the streets.

--------------------

It was a sunny day, but very cold. The last snow we got is still on the ground and along the edge of the streets.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Hermine, YOU were a sunny day? You could be sunny though, if you are happy and smiling.

We have had several snow flurries, but nothing that has stuck around for long enough than a fleeting feeling of frostiness.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,212 Teacher
    Well, I missed the snow in Hartlepool! Thank goodness!
    edited November 2013
    It was cold and drizzly this morning.
    While I was walking to the shop I desperately found out that I have to wait at least for five months before I can feel the warmth of the sun again.

-------------------------

It was cold and drizzly this morning.

While I was walking to the shop I suddenly thought, with some desperation, that I will probably have to wait for at least five months before I will be able to feel the warmth of the sun again.
    Post edited by Lynne on