Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

Comments

• HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,680 mod
    @Lynne, dankeschön for the fast response.

Ops my brain is thinking in two languages.
  • alexndalexnd Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2
    @Lynne I am in the North-East of France, not so far from Germany: that could explain the similarity!

Today (and tomorrow) we will enjoy a summer weather... before thunderstorms expected for the end of the week. :-(

---------------------------

Today (and tomorrow) we will enjoy some summer weather... before the thunderstorms that are expected by the end of the week.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2
    These days are cloudly and little windy but the degree is changing between 23-28.

----------------

These days the weather is cloudy and a little windy, but the temperature is fluctuating between 23 and 28 degrees.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,398 mod
    It was summerish today.
    edited June 2
    It started with rain and went better and better.

---------------------

It started with rain, but got better and better.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,130 mod
    Third day running and it is sunny and promises to get hot by the afternoon. The birds are chirping loudly outside.
    edited June 2
    From last Thursday on weˋre having sunhine. The public swimming pools are open and theyˋre well visited.

------------------------

From last Thursday on weˋve been enjoying sunshine. The public swimming pools are open and theyˋre well visited.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    It's been non-stop sunny here too @Hermine. I haven't seen the pools but people are swimming in the sea a lot now.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    It's a bank holiday.
    Itˋs early in the morning, no sun so far, but it will change soon.
    Next Monday is a holiday in France @amatsuscribbler.

It is sunny and warm again today. In fact from now onwards apart from the odd thunderstorm, I doubt I'll see much rain for the next few months. It gets dangerously dry round here. I have to water my plants every day now as otherwise they will wilt and die.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    Bank holiday is over now so it's sunny and warm!
    edited June 2
    Itˋs raining. My new planted flowers will benefit from it.

-----------------

Itˋs raining, but my newly planted flowers will benefit from it.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,586 mod
    edited June 2
    We have had fabulous weather, which is just as well as I either forget my jacket, or I have lost it. I guess I'll find out which when we get home.

Temperatures have hit 35+, which to be honest is a bit too hot when you're camping in a van, but we have a nice pitch with lots of shade, and there is a river nearby where you can dip your toes if it gets unbearable. The downside to that is the smell of soggy doggy.

Just off for a cup of mud (sorry, French coffee). :sunglasses:

No rain means I have to keep watering the plants. I won't plant any more because I now have to fill up the watering can at least three times. The hose doesn't stretch far enough which is a shame.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10
    The sun is shining here,we find the weather less hot than the last year then we are fasting with more comfortable.
    ------------

The sun is shining, but it is cooler than last year which makes fasting more comfortable.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    The sun's out here too. There seems to a nice cool breeze coming in through the window though and maybe it is not as heavy as it was yesterday. Yesterday was quite muggy.
    edited June 10
    Today itˋs a rainy day, after some wonderful summery days.

What do you want to tell us by ˋ a muddy coffeeˋ? Shall I think what it says? That wouldnˋt praise French coffee.

@Lynne, enyoy your time - and thanks for all the corrections you do for us.

-----------

Itˋs a rainy day today, after some wonderful summery days.

What do you want to tell us by saying, ˋ a muddy coffeeˋ? Shall I tell you what I think it means? That you wouldnˋt praise French coffee.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I hope the cafe doesn't hear @Lynne's comment on their coffee @Hermine. No rain here though apparently a hike in the mountains was cancelled as the weather forecast suggested there might be thunderstorms a bit further inland. Being struck by lightning is a real danger in this part of the world.
    edited June 10
    Itˋs getting warmer. The last few day had been very chilly and I had to wear a jacket when I was riding on my bike home from school.

--------------

Itˋs getting warmer. The last few days have been very chilly and I had to wear a jacket when I was riding my bike home from school.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10
    it's getting very hot.I'm staying at home and the air-conditioner is on all time.

---------------

It's getting very hot. I'm staying at home and the air-conditioner is on all the time.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Today has been much warmer than normal. I have the fan going and this cools the air enough to be comfortable though. The birds are singing away outside, sounding very melodious. This time they are blackbirds. The sea gulls squawking this morning were not nearly as tuneful! :smile:
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,586 mod
    After a huge storm yesterday, it's been lovely today, but all anyone could talk about was yesterday's storm.

@Hermine - I'm afraid many establishments in France have forgotten the art of making good coffee.
    I must say I prefer the coffee in Italy @Lynne.
    It is very hot, very windy and very overcast out there. I wonder if there will be a storm. The birds are singing very loudly too.
    edited June 27
    Today it was a very hot day. Iˋve been outside watering my sunflowers, itˋs already dark. A tender one has been broken and my assumption is that our cat had done the miststief. He often, when itˋs so hot, lays onto the cool soil of that flowerbed.

These hot days are not easy for our furry tomcat and also for the other pets. Wearing a woollen cap, mittens and a coat in these hot days makes life hard.

--------------------

Today it was a very hot day. Iˋve been outside watering my sunflowers, and itˋs already dark. A tender shoot has been broken off and my assumption is that our cat did it. He often lies on the cool soil of that flowerbed when itˋs really hot.

These hot days are not easy for our furry tomcat, or for the other pets. Wearing a woollen cap, mittens and a coat on hot days like these makes life hard.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    I sowed some sunflower seeds @Hermine but nothing has come up.
    Believe it or not @Marianne. A long time back my oldest girl got from kindergarden a tiny pot with one sunflower seed stuck in the soil home and it grew. I put it in one of my gardenbed and it grew and grew taller. It was a special one it had above each leave a head and from then on, year after year I have some sunflowers sitting there, but it changed it has just one head per plant.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 10,398 mod
    It's hot; earth really will be happy with rain. :/
    Itˋs so hot. I wonder if the display of flowers on my balcony, will stand the heat.