Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's it doing outside?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 8,620 mod
edited November 2016 in The weather
Just for the old-timers. We have to talk about the weather, don't we.

:)>-
Post edited by Lynne on

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,003 mod
    Do we HAVE to? It's horrid here! I hope tomorrow's forecast is right as we are planning to climb Mam Tor!!
  • ElfishElfish Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    It's starting to be cold here in LR, France. The buses don't run often in a city nearby where I visited the library. I had to wait more than half an hour in the cold weather to get on a bus. My nose and hands were freezing. 8-X

------------------------

It's starting to get cold here in LR, France. The buses don't run often to the city nearby where I visited the library. I had to wait more than half an hour in the cold just to get on a bus. My nose and hands were freezing.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 8,620 mod
    It's not much better here @amatsuscribbler. Very cold, and dull.

@Elfish, you should wear mittens. PS - did you post an image? It doesn't seem to be working.
    No, I only posted a smiley. Don't know why there's a broken link here.
    Don't worry, I got rid of it, I think you might have pressed the little photo above, it inserts a bit of "null" code, even if you click away. Let's call it a "feature".

When I woke up this morning everything was sparkly. Frost was covering everything, it looked lovely, but now it's gone and we are back to grey and dull. :(
    edited November 2013
    I'm wearing a glove to my right hand IN THE HOUSE. I can't light a fire. Dad will do it when he's back from work.

-------------------

I'm wearing a glove on my right hand IN THE HOUSE. I can't light a fire. Dad will do it when he gets back from work.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Why only the right hand?
    Presumable Elfish is right handed and can keep her left hand in her pocket!
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,883 mod
    My favourite question: I am in the right room?
    Because I'm using my right hand to move the mouse and strangely, the hand freezes when it is stuck on the mouse.
    Lucky you, flying south for winter. :)

I would join you if I could. Hermine reported snow on Friday, and we have sleet here at the moment. What's worse is that I have a horrible feeling the central heating has packed in. This seems to happen every year, usually at the weekend. :(
    edited November 2013
    Oh dear, you are heading in the wrong direction.

It keeps cutting out, but we are going to try to nurse it through to Monday, otherwise we will have to pay for an emergency weekend call out, and that is "ouch" here.
    edited November 2013
    Hope you have warm blankets and fleece clothes in stock @Lynne_Hand. I sympathise. :( just bought a warm, acrylic fluffy jacket yesterday. I'm wearing it.
    @Elfish - does it have mittens on the end of the sleeves for your poor right hand?!
    @Hermine, yes this is the right thread. We couldn't have a new forum without a weather section. :)

Unfortunately it's grey and miserable again today. The CH keeps cutting out, but hubby is managing to keep it going. We will call out the engineer tomorrow.

In the meantime I have lots of fleece blankets, and I'm eyeing up the thermal undies. :)
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,764 mod
    @mheredge
    I am never sure where you are every moment, Marianne. X_X
    Where is "the south" you mentioned above?
    @Hermine - long johns are just fab when you're out in the hills!
    I would take 16° at the moment. It's drizzling out and temperatures are hovering just above 0°. Walking Laika was less than fun this evening.
    16 degrees! Bliss! B-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    here is cloudy in malaysia... and also some place is flood

------------------------

Here it is cloudy in Malaysia, and some places are flooded.
    Sorry to hear that @Elfyra. We haven't had any flooding up to now this winter, hopefully we won't see anything as bad as in spring. Severe weather is affecting a lot of countries.

http://storify.com/weatherchannel/severe-weather-sunday-to-affect-millions
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 5,883 mod
    It is really awful what there is going on around the world. Yes Lynne last spring brought bad things to parts of Germany and the UK as well.
    I heard the first forecast for snow today. We are headed out tonight, so it could be interesting. I'm hoping that it won't disrupt the trains.
    The sun is shining.... the forecast is horrid.... and I'm heading North!! Wish me luck folks! @-)
  • HelvioHelvio Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Today the sky came totally clear, without any cloud. For now the temperature is good but we are waiting 30º for the afternoon.

---------------------

Today the sky was totally clear, without a cloud. For now the temperature is good, but we are expecting 30º this afternoon.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Stop boasting @Helvio!!