Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Still lie the sheltering snows, undimmed and white;
And reigns the winter's pregnant silence still;
No sign of spring, save that the catkins fill,
And willow stems grow daily red and bright.
These are days when ancients held a rite
Of expiation for the old year's ill,
And prayer to purify the new year's will."
Helen Hunt Jackson, A Calendar of Sonnet's: February
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Who is the most successful person you know of?

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
Who is the most successful person you know of? How about the most successful person you know personally?

Comments

• YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm about the five billionth successful person in the world.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 29,747 mod
    How do you define 'success' @Saira? If it is in money terms, then Bill Gates still holds the number one title, followed by Amancia Ortega (Spanish fashion business magnate best known for the global brand Zara - valued at $75.8 billion, Warren Buffett (US business magnate valued at $68.2 billion), Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder valued at $63.1 billion), Charles Koch (American businessman valued at $55.2 billion), David Koch (Koch Industries, valued at $55.2 billion), Carlos Slim (Mexican business magnate valued at $51.4 billion), Mark Zuckerberg (co-founder and CEO of Facebook valued at $49.7 billion), Larry Ellison (co-founder of Oracle Corporation and CEO until September 2014, valued at $43.4 billion), Ingvar Kamprad (Swedish founder of IKEA worth $42.5 billion).

By contast, the richest women in the world start a bit further down. Liliane Bettencourt of France (aged 94) has a net worth of $39.5 billion (L'Oreal), followed by American Alice Walton, daughter of the founder of Walmart ($33.8 billion), with Jacqueline Mars, the granddaughter Frank Mars, ($27 billion).

Liliane Bettencourt

Of course I don't know any of these folk personally!