Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Childhood is certainly the happiest time of your life.

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
Childhood is certainly the happiest time of your life.Everybody have good or bad stories about their childhood if you have any please share.Were you a good child or naughty one?
Tagged:

Comments

• ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends @Saira? From the point of view of my parents', teachers' of all sorts, my friends' and schoolmates, my 'ennemies'? Personnaly I think I haven't made it tough for anybody, but they might desagree.

BTW what do you call being naughty? Could you give an example? ^^
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    @Zom,I mean the children who don't listen to their elders and bully other children.@Zom you sound like you were a good child. :)
    edited June 3
    I haven't bullied anyone, but I tended to challenge grown up people @Saira. ;)
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    I had a good memories about my childhood,I spent all my time outside with my friends,we imagined ourselves like one family then each one take a role to be a father or daughter.We took some vegetables from our home to cook them outside.we visited our neighbours together when it was a celebration day.I was the happiest child in the world
    Are you still in touch with some of them @mouna?
    I meet them only once a year or less than because We have changed our home three times.they weren't a close friends,we separated when I was in secondary school.
    @mouna - I lost contact with all the kids that I used to play with as a kid. I know that when they are grown up, many of us like try to get in touch again with their classmates, but I have always declined any of their invitations.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    I tended to be a bit of a goody two-shoes and didn't give my parents any problems even as a teenager @Saira. My sister was always late and my parents were forever worrying and scolding her.

I'm still in contact with a few of my classmates that I know from when I was 10 or 11. We don't have much in common any more, but it is quite nice keeping in touch.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    @mheredge, it means you were a lovely child. :)
    @Zom ,I still in touch with many of my classmates,I sometimes visit them.you know these are not friends which we played together we only spent our time together at school.
    @mouna - Yes, when you meet them now, it's probably a different kind of relationship from when you were classmates, but I think that it's a great skill you have to be able to stay in touch and not burn bridges.
    I'm not so sure about that @Saira, but my mother reckoned as a baby I wasn't difficult as I didn't cry much and when I did, is was so quietly she didn't used to hear me!

I'm now in touch with a few classmates like this @mouna. At school we just knew eachother and happened in be in the same class, but we still keep in touch. On the other hand, I have lost contact with a friend friends who I used to hang out with most of the time.
  • nontannontan Posts: 201 ✭✭
    When I was a child, I and my friends had a places where we could find something good on the ground.
    They were, for example buttons or screws or neat stones, etc.
    In that place, there were many of these kinds of things somehow.
    We called it 'Treasure place'.
    We used to go there after school to find new treasures.
    I find that I can still entertain myself when walking on a beach, finding treasures washed up by the waves @nontan.
    I heard that some people do it as a hobby. @mheredge
    Beachcombing.
    You may find real treasures.

I found out a very interesting activity when I checked it out.
    Pieces of glass found on beaches, that are polished and became like jewels while drifting, can be used as local money in some shops around the world.
    It is 'Beach money'.

Did you know that?
    I think it is very interesting. I will give it a try someday.
    I like picking up sea shells and pretty stones. Of course they are like jewels when they are wet but look like very ordinary pebbles as soon as they dry out @nontan.
    I think they need to be polished by a jewel worker to become like real jewels. @mheredge
    Yes a small tumbler like this would make them shine like jewels @nontan.