Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where would you like to travel if you had £2000?

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
Where would you like to travel if you had £2000?

Comments

• ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment with £2,000 in pocket for travelling purposes, I would just use it for weekend escapades to exploring my home country and the capital cities of the neighbouring countries I have never been too.
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,992 mod
    I would like to visit Antarctica, but I think this would break the bank and cost a lot more than just £2000. I would like to visit South Africa and this might just about come within your budget @Saira.
  • ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I would like to visit each region of south France
    France is amazing @ridor. Every small area is very different, so even the south of France has a lot of variety from Bordeaux and vineyards, Toulouse and medieval churches, the Camargue and birds, Marseille, the Cote d'Azur, Provence - the list goes on!

This article is about dromomania, the addiction to travel.
    http://www.cntraveler.com/story/travel-addiction-is-real

• LucianaSLucianaS Posts: 7
    If I have £2000 I would like to go to Hawaii. It would be a dream come true!
  • RitaLeeRitaLee Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I'm going to Tibet, my dream when i was young. Tibet is the most mystery country in the world
    If you're a teacher @LucianaS you will easily find a job. It seems they are desperately short. I think it is great for holidays but maybe a bit boring to live there all the time.
  • Baho26Baho26 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    If i had £2000, I would like to travel to Germany. It's a bit possible. :disappointed:
  • MuhmedOmranMuhmedOmran Posts: 15 ✭✭
    iF I have this mony i will travel to london because i love it
    iF I have this mony i will travel to london because i love it
    What do you love about London @MuhmedOmran? I used to live there.
    I would like to travel to london i watched it in tv and journalist i have descrition about it but i didnt visited it from before . Are you visite london ? @mheredge
  • rilexrilex Posts: 4
    I would like to see New Jork and oder siti an Amerika.
    After a tantalising few hours in Istanbul yesterday, this is where I want to spend more time and I am already planning a return trip for next spring.
  • AlleeAllee Posts: 14 ✭✭
    this amount is so less to explore any other country.

So my first priority would be to explore my own country and I would opt a land route for this purpose
    With £2000 you should be able to spend a few weeks in a foreign country - unless you choose the UK and then maybe this would last for a shorter time @Allée. Of course if you want to stay in expensive places this won't last very long. I travel staying at the cheapest places so in South East Asia £2000 including flights could easily last me a month or more.
  • AlleeAllee Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @mheredge yes you are right. If I opt any South Asian country, this fund would be enough. But if plan for UK or US, more than half of the money will be spent on airfare.
    Flying anywhere @Allee can be expensive especially if you are restricted by the dates you want to travel. If you can be flexible however, flying can be cheap if you check out the online flight booking agencies. Sometimes there are very cheap last minute deals too.