Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Motivation Qoutes

maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
edited May 24 in Quotes
"MISTAKES are proof that you are TRYING"

"Your only limit is YOU"

Comments

• maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    WORK until your IDOLs become your Rivals
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,012 mod
    I wish I could get motivated to do a few chores around my flat @mayk.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    Do it now sometimes LATER becomes NEVER
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    Everyone suffers some injustice in life, and what better motivation than to help others not suffer in the same way.
    Bella Thorne
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus on the present moment-
    Don't try to picture everything bad that could possibly happen. Stick with the situation at hand and ask "Why is this so unbearable? Why can't I endure it?" You'll be embarrassed to answer. Then remind yourself that the past and future have no power over you; only the present does.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You understand sleep when you are awake, not while you are sleeping. You can see mistakes in arithmetic when your mind is working properly: while you are making them you cannot see them. You can understand the nature of drunkenness when you are sober, not when you are drunk. Good people know about both good and evil: bad people do not know about either.- Mere Christianity, Book Two, Chapter 4 - C. S. Lewis
  • Practical_SeverardPractical_Severard Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited July 25
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman ("Full Metal Jacket", 1987)

Hartman: I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Recruits: [In unison in a normal speaking tone] Sir, yes Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!

Recruits: [In unison, much louder] SIR, YES SIR!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human f..ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?