Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Who Broke Your Heart in A Past Life?

XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
What well-known historical figure broke your heart in a past life? That scoundrel! - http://www.playbuzz.com/mirandajohnson10/who-broke-your-heart-in-a-past-life

I got Einstein. He he he.

Your heart was broken by Albert Einstein! You have a deep love of science, though you're as fascinated by theory as by inventing. You likely excelled in math and physics, and have a tendency to spend hours working through any problem that may come your way. In this lifetime, you're likely to find love with a scientist or doctor.
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,675 mod
    OMG @Xanthippe! I got Henry VIII. God forbid that it should be true though worryingly, there might be the tiniest grain of truth in the blurb....

'Your heart was broken by Henry VIII! You are a mixed bag: drawn to thrill-seeking, you also love politics and the legal system. You have a deep-seated belief in ethics and morality, even when the rest of the world may seem crazy. You are likely to find love in this lifetime with a politician or lawyer.'
  • XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, yes, @mheredge, if I were you I would be worried too.
    On this day in 1509 he married his first wife @Xanthippe.
    Good, @mheredge, the first wasn't beheaded. ;)
  • JeyasriJeyasri Posts: 73 ✭✭
    @Xanthippe super

My heart is broken by Steve jobs.Awesome man , He loves computer,because of he only world changed totally, I love his quotes.I love Steve. what a smart person.

""Stay hungry stay foolish "" -Steve jobs
    @Jeyasri, indeed, very smart. :) You are a lucky girl (he is infinitely superior to Henry ;) )
  • JeyasriJeyasri Posts: 73 ✭✭
    Thank you :) :) :) <3 <3 <3 @Xanthippe
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,008 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My heart is made up of diamond so no one can break it! LOL

Shakespeare is the guy who broke my heart as he left many difficult sonnets with a great ambiguity and many of the words in his sonnets are obsolete now. LOL
    @Bubbly, oh I see. I thought it was Thomas Bayes who broke your heart. ;) You can't live without him, can you?
    Shakespeare was a bit of a lad if the stories are to be believed @Bubbly. I can easily imagine he broke many hearts.