Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

If you become prime minister for one day,What will you do?

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
If you become prime minister for one day, What will you do?
If I become a prime minister, I will put all corrupt politicians in jail for life with hard labor, Then I will think what to do next. B)

Comments

• XanthippeXanthippe Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the problem is that you need to know who is corrupt and who isn't. ;)
  • jhoy16jhoy16 Posts: 36 ✭✭
    If I become the prime minister for just one day, all the less fortunate people in my country especially those people living on the street and without permament houses will be given delicious foods and they will be toured in an amusement park so that they can enjoy life even just for day.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,063 mod
    Well if I were PM for the day I very much doubt that I would be able to do very much. However if I could be a dictator with unlimited power, I could do a lot more.
  • balubalu Posts: 22 ✭✭
    @Saira Well, If I were to become P.M for one day I would do a couple of things.
    One is to make sure that the children in my country don't suffer from any violence and are educated well.
    Secondly, I would try to establish our country's name free from corruption and any sort of extremism.
    If I were PM I'd call another referendum on Brexit as I think it is likely that the result would be different. I would not heap billions of pounds on DUP, thd minority party shoring up the government but spend it on social services. Oh and I'd give nurses, firemen and thd police the pay rises they deserve that the current government has just rejected.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    If I'll PM for one day I'll work for respecting law by all citizens!
    It is sad how power corrupts @mouna. Unfortunately once the person is in a high position, too often they abuse their power.
  • EppingEpping Posts: 25 ✭✭
    [quote="mheredge;c-213517"]Well if I were PM for the day I very much doubt that I would be able to do very much. However if I could be a dictator with unlimited power, I could do a lot more. [/quote]

Can't agree more. May I be PM for one year instead please? :wink:
    It seems that the current PM of Britain thinks she is a dictator and she is trying to do a lot behind closed doors, without debate with the elected members of Parliament @Epping.