Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you do in your home during weekend?

maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
I laundry my clothes, cleaning my room, eat, watching television, surfing etc.. I preferred to stay home than to hang out with my friends. I enjoying the two days vacation by staying at home.

How about you?
Tagged:

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    Tomorrow (Saturday) I will go to the market to buy vegetables for the next few days, do my laundry and clean my apartment. Apart from a concert on Sunday afternoon, I don't have any plans for going out and I am looking forward to a quiet weekend.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,695 mod
    Yesterday I washed our bedclothes and covered them all again freshly. I cleaned our bathroom. Later in the afternoon we prepared salads, onion bread and some other food for our first barbequeue in this year.

A baby bird came into my kitchen it had problems to fly. Either it was too young to fly or the cat did any harm on it. We cought it and put it outside hidden in a hedge. I hope its mother brought it home again.
    I like to go to the market at the weekend. Though it runs every morning except Monday, at the weekend it is always busier and has more of a buzz. Some local producers of cheeses come down only at the weekends too, so there's a bit more choice.

Onion bread (my ears are pricking up @Hermine). Can you share the recipe. I love breads like this. I have spent time today cooking up courgettes I got at the market yesterday. I'm planning to make soup, some courgette relish and I will bottle the rest to have with pasta during the week.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    @Hermine you did the right thing for the bird. salad onion bread and barbeque it sounds delicious.
    @mayk I hope @Hermine kept a little bit of her tasty BBQ for the little bird.

I found some bread with nuts yesterday @Hermine. I'm too lazy to make my own though.
    @mheredge is bird eat BBQ?
    I'm sure crows wouldn't say no to a nice piece of bbq'd meat @mayk.

@mheredge oh crows eat meat I think they most like it, if it has a flavor isn't it? hahaha, I think so.
    There are not quite vultures @mayk, but not far off.