Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How To Remember 90% Of Everything You Learn

SairaSaira Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
How To Remember 90% Of Everything You Learn
The development of the Learning Pyramid in the 1960’s — widely attributed to the NTL Institute in Bethel, Maine— outlined how humans learn.
As research shows, it turns out that humans remember:
5% of what they learn when they’ve learned from a lecture (i.e. university/college lectures)
10% of what they learn when they’ve learned from reading (i.e. books, articles)
20% of what they learn from audio-visual (i.e. apps, videos)
30% of what they learn when they see a demonstration
50% of what they learn when engaged in a group discussion.
75% of what they learn when they practice what they learned.
90% of what they learn when they use immediately (or teach others)
How do you think?

Comments

• mounamouna Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭
    I think this is based to many studies.We have to teach what we learn to rembers them 'it's the best way for us about learning English.
  • maykmayk Posts: 154 ✭✭
    I agree with you @mouna teaching is the best way to remember all of what you have learned.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,673 mod
    Teaching what you have learned is definitely a very effective way to remember things. I have often had to be one step ahead of students when teaching them something new, that I wasn't familiar with.
  • farinamafarinama Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I think the age of the student is very important!!!
  • DoriaDoria Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I don't always have the option to do lots of the things that are written above.
    what I do find very helpful to me is listening with lots of repetitions. whenever I have spare time I listen over and over to the same podcast. that way the new words stick to my mind. I pick up presses and grammar usage and learn English like babies do.