Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How To Remember 90% Of Everything You Learn

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
How To Remember 90% Of Everything You Learn
The development of the Learning Pyramid in the 1960’s — widely attributed to the NTL Institute in Bethel, Maine— outlined how humans learn.
As research shows, it turns out that humans remember:
5% of what they learn when they’ve learned from a lecture (i.e. university/college lectures)
10% of what they learn when they’ve learned from reading (i.e. books, articles)
20% of what they learn from audio-visual (i.e. apps, videos)
30% of what they learn when they see a demonstration
50% of what they learn when engaged in a group discussion.
75% of what they learn when they practice what they learned.
90% of what they learn when they use immediately (or teach others)
How do you think?

Comments

• mounamouna Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭
    I think this is based to many studies.We have to teach what we learn to rembers them 'it's the best way for us about learning English.
  • maykmayk Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I agree with you @mouna teaching is the best way to remember all of what you have learned.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,145 mod
    Teaching what you have learned is definitely a very effective way to remember things. I have often had to be one step ahead of students when teaching them something new, that I wasn't familiar with.
  • farinamafarinama Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I think the age of the student is very important!!!
  • DoriaDoria Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I don't always have the option to do lots of the things that are written above.
    what I do find very helpful to me is listening with lots of repetitions. whenever I have spare time I listen over and over to the same podcast. that way the new words stick to my mind. I pick up presses and grammar usage and learn English like babies do.