Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Are you satisfied with your current job and the salary you receive?

maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
kindly elaborate your answer.

Comments

• mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    I'm satisfied about my job but not about my salary because we don't get a very good salary.We work day and night sometimes we work on the weekend,we did a very hard study.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    @mouna me too not satisfied the I can receive. I stayed in company because I love the job of what I have now. Its very rare the companies gives the exact compensation that we expected.
    > @mayk said:
    > @mouna me too not satisfied the salary that I received. I stayed in company because I love the job of what I have now. Its very rare the companies gives the exact compensation that we expected.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    Nurses are very badly paid in most countries, especially when you consider the importance of their work and the amount of study and training they need to do.

The only time I was a bit dissatisfied with my pay was when I first graduated and worked as a teacher. Compared to most of my fellow graduates, I was one of the worst paid.
    Here in my country all workers who has a job in public structure are not satisfied with their salary.Doctors did more than 13 years in their studies but when they start working in a public hopitals they feel depressed by the salary.
    @mheredge one of example is our country the nurses here very unsatisfied for salary. they needs to work as volunteer in public hospital to get an experience before they accept in private hospital which minimal amount of salary. that's why the other nurses applying to abroad.
    This is the same problem in Nepal where if the nurse has good enough English @mayk, she will apply to go to work abroad. The country girls don't want to work in the rural areas, so they tend to come to Kathmandu where there are too many nurses. I have spent quite a bit of time in Nepal trying to find ways to train nurses who will continue working in remote areas. It's very difficult.
    @mheredge I think nurses have a problem with salary and treatment in other countries like ours. The training and school tuition fees are very expensive, and after graduate the job was very difficult to find for them. It needs more attention from the government of each country in this matter. What do you think?
    @mouna If the doctors are not satisfied for their salary why should not ask for increase.? The obligation of government was to satisfy their employees in salary matters not to suffer. Its very stressful isn't it?
    @mayk in Nepal doctors have gone on strike for better pay, but generally they get little or no support for doing this and in some countries are not allowed to use industrial action to persuade the government to improve pay and conditions.
    @mheredge how sad it is.
    Sadly this means that doctors and nurses in Nepal don't want to stay and work in their own country. There is an acute shortage especially outside the capital city @mayk.
    @mheredge oh really? if your country suffer from shortage of doctor and nurses the citizen may suffer also, but why the government let this happen?Government have a capability to increase they salary and the doctor and nurses may stay to serve they own country than to other country.
    Doctors demand to increase their salary but the government don't answer to their apply.Many doctors go working in the Europe because of the bad situation here in my country.I wish that it become better in the future.
    @mouna I wish too because doctors are necessary in our community, if without them most of people will die due to sickness. I think government need more attention on that particular matter. If the salary is the factor of leaving the country, so the government must increase their salary for the sake of the people.
    @mayk even in Britain where I don't think doctors feel too hard done by in terms of pay, they are looking to leave to work elsewhere or even leave the profession due to the way the NHS is being run into the ground.
    @mheredge if the medicine professional has a problem with they salary, off course they will leaving the country to earn much more money. This is the bad news for the citizen of the country.
    edited May 30
    I think it's a problem with most professions @mayk. It is called a brain drain. It is very common for engineers, computer staff and other qualified people to seek work anywhere where the pay is highest.
    @mheredge I think so, it means all professionals has too much expectation in their salary? or their are not contented of what they have?

thanks for the word brain drain another word added on my list.;)
    In private hospital we could get a salary five or sixe times higher than what he gets in public hospital,about this we understand that our salary don't reflect our efforts.
    @mouna if the private hospitals offer a good salary, you should go to private than to public. I can't understand why public hospital offer low salary for medicine professional than private hospital.
    The government if not providing services for free usually try to help by not charging as high prices as private hospitals @mayk. Private hospitals are run as commercial businesses to make money and can afford to pay higher salaries to entice staff from the public sector. The government is under pressure too, as it usually doesn't have the budget to pay as high salaries as private hospitals. It's a problem everywhere.
    @mheredge you have the point. But sometimes you can imagine that where the taxes of people go. Its billion of money. When the fact they did not put their attention to the most important sector which is medicine and medicine professionals.
    @mayk the super rich have good accountants and evade a huge proportion of the taxes they should be paying.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/01/super-rich-evade-on-average-nearly-third-of-their-due-tax?CMP=fb_gu

This is a list of the top ten countries where workers are reportedly the happiest. @april it appears Belgium is number one as the happiest country to work in and @dope, Russia is reported to make it to the 10th place. The UK is 30th out of 50.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/happiness-index-global-workforce-10-countries-with-the-happiest-workers-a6751881.html
  • dopedope Posts: 94 ✭✭
    This is a huge lie!
    I thought it was a rather strange report @dope! Does this mean that you are not happy then? :)