Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you make friends easily or do you find it difficult to make new friends

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
Friendship one of the most important things to have for a fulfilling life. It’s definitely hard to put a price on a good friend.I don't make new friends easily because lots of people are not friends they are just passing time with you at work or in class or as a neighbor.It's difficult to find honesty and good faith in a true friend.

Comments

• Jitendragupta3Jitendragupta3 Posts: 8
    I love to make new friends, Ya some of them may be passing time with you, but remember you one thing every one teaches you a new lesson of life,some of them may be bad & some of them may be good.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    @Jitendragupta3, Welcome here
  • vinothvinoth Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @lenny ,

Its not difficult to make mew friends.
  • Oluraddy_4realOluraddy_4real Posts: 29 ✭✭
    On a personal note, I don't find it uneasy to mingle and make friends. Though not everyone is worthy of being your special friend. Thanks.
  • ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    not for the moment
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,041 mod
    This is an interesting article though it is as much about personality as making friends. Do you have a love/hate relationship with other people in general? You might be an extroverted introvert.

People think you must be either an "extrovert": somebody who likes being around others, or an "introvert" who wants to be left alone. But not both.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/inspire-me/90499132/12-signs-youre-an-extroverted-introvert
  • kikaokikao Posts: 14 ✭✭
    This is a interesting question... i think that i make friends easily. I'm a sociable person.. i love to know other people, cultures, and countries. My wife says: "You rely a lot on people." hahahah but i'm this. I trust the people until something happens =)
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kikao said:

i'm this. I trust the people until something happens =)

I like this mindset. :smiley:

It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • QuantumBugQuantumBug Posts: 2
    Everyone who have dream are all my friend.
    Zom wrote: »
    i'm this. I trust the people until something happens =)

I like this mindset. :smiley:

Me too, I am always prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt.
  • LanaLana Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Generally speaking, I think that is difficult for everyone to make friends if we speak about real friends. In this crazy word, where nobody has enough time even for herself/himself, it is difficult to find somebody who is honest, reliable and who has all the features which real friend has to have.
  • EminaCEminaC Posts: 59 ✭✭
    For me it's very difficult to make real friends. If I wont to find friend who will be with me when I am OK it's easy to find, but if I wont somebody who will be always with me in good and bad situation it's very hard.
    I find it easy to talk to strangers, si I do make friends easily. Often chance encounters with strangers for me end up with us becoming friends too.
  • sarahsarah Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I have a good first contact with poeple and I consider myself social , but I don't have luck with friends , they betray my trust quickly :'(
    That's a shame @sarah. Maybe you have too high expectations. This can be my problem sometimes.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 737 OTT
    @sarah trust and honesty the cornerstones of a civillisation and a decent society

http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/07/an-honesty-box.html
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    I have a one best friends and many people whom I can name acquaintanceship. The word "friend" means for me a person whom I count on and likewise. I marvel over a situation when people after one or two days call someone a friend. I easily make acquaintanceship, but after passage of time I make a friendship.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 737 OTT
    @nomad81 I agree
  • guimorandiguimorandi Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I never had problems in making new friends. I don't know about other countries but in Brazil wherever you are people will speak with you, even if they don't know you they'll say Hello, Good morning etc... So since I was child I learned to be a very friendly guy and I'm so proud to be like that, that's the reason I have many and many friends in the area where I live.
    I agree, I found people in Brazil very friendly wherever I went, even if we couldn't communicate in English. Somehow it never seemed to matter @guimorandi.
  • RitaLeeRitaLee Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I'm a frosty nature but i'm forgiving, I can make new friend easily
  • RosemaryRosemary Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited July 13
    As I am not a sociable person, I can barely make friends. Friendship for me is not the relation which I can make with anyone. From my point of view, my sister, mother , daughter and husband are my best friends ever. They are the only persons who I can trust ,tell them about my life, consult them any time and undersand and accept their opinions. To sum up, my family is the only persons who I can maintain contact with regardless of any consideration so that they are my real friends.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm a bit afraid of interacting with you @Rosemary. I fear I could bother you. ^^
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • yui_2000yui_2000 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I'm an introvert so it's really hard for me to make new friends. However, it doesn't mean that I hate being in the relationship. If you take the initiative, I will get familiar and I will feel comfortable chatting with you.
    Friendship has to be a two way process, so if I find I'm the one who's making the effort all the time, I eventually give up. Though some people are not at all good at keeping in contact but sometimes this is just how they are.
  • mal162mal162 Posts: 2
    Nowadays I find it difficult to make new friends. When I was younger it was much easier but I have always been a type of shy guy :) I consider myself as an introvert but I strive to change it a little bit
  • pezhmanpezhman Posts: 48 ✭✭
    my attitude is different in comparison whit the most people who live in my society for this reason I cant find a close friend easily.
  • Baho26Baho26 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    It's difficult to get true friends from virtual world for me. We will never meet up each other and make eye contact. On the other hand, we don't know how their attitudes, as i known most of virtual friends are scammers. We have to be careful to know them. I prefer to have true friends in real world rather than virtual world.
  • ChamCham Posts: 14 ✭✭
    well, I'm not a social person, actually, I don't like remaining in pubs or parties however I can make friends with a little bit ease in my work maybe because I need to talk with all people there.
    I actually enjoy being on my own so sometimes I have to make some effort to go out and be sociable @Cham. I don't like crowded places, but I enjoy meeting one or two friends at a time, preferably somewhere quiet so we can hear eachother easily.