Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you make friends easily or do you find it difficult to make new friends

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
Friendship one of the most important things to have for a fulfilling life. It’s definitely hard to put a price on a good friend.I don't make new friends easily because lots of people are not friends they are just passing time with you at work or in class or as a neighbor.It's difficult to find honesty and good faith in a true friend.

Comments

• Jitendragupta3Jitendragupta3 Posts: 8
    I love to make new friends, Ya some of them may be passing time with you, but remember you one thing every one teaches you a new lesson of life,some of them may be bad & some of them may be good.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    @Jitendragupta3, Welcome here
  • vinothvinoth Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @lenny ,

Its not difficult to make mew friends.
  • Oluraddy_4realOluraddy_4real Posts: 21 ✭✭
    On a personal note, I don't find it uneasy to mingle and make friends. Though not everyone is worthy of being your special friend. Thanks.
  • ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    not for the moment
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,145 mod
    This is an interesting article though it is as much about personality as making friends. Do you have a love/hate relationship with other people in general? You might be an extroverted introvert.

People think you must be either an "extrovert": somebody who likes being around others, or an "introvert" who wants to be left alone. But not both.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/inspire-me/90499132/12-signs-youre-an-extroverted-introvert
  • kikaokikao Posts: 14 ✭✭
    This is a interesting question... i think that i make friends easily. I'm a sociable person.. i love to know other people, cultures, and countries. My wife says: "You rely a lot on people." hahahah but i'm this. I trust the people until something happens =)
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kikao said:

i'm this. I trust the people until something happens =)

I like this mindset. :smiley:

It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • QuantumBugQuantumBug Posts: 2
    Everyone who have dream are all my friend.
    Zom wrote: »
    i'm this. I trust the people until something happens =)

I like this mindset. :smiley:

Me too, I am always prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt.
  • LanaLana Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Generally speaking, I think that is difficult for everyone to make friends if we speak about real friends. In this crazy word, where nobody has enough time even for herself/himself, it is difficult to find somebody who is honest, reliable and who has all the features which real friend has to have.
  • EminaCEminaC Posts: 59 ✭✭
    For me it's very difficult to make real friends. If I wont to find friend who will be with me when I am OK it's easy to find, but if I wont somebody who will be always with me in good and bad situation it's very hard.
    I find it easy to talk to strangers, si I do make friends easily. Often chance encounters with strangers for me end up with us becoming friends too.
  • sarahsarah Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I have a good first contact with poeple and I consider myself social , but I don't have luck with friends , they betray my trust quickly :'(
    That's a shame @sarah. Maybe you have too high expectations. This can be my problem sometimes.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 702 OTT
    @sarah trust and honesty the cornerstones of a civillisation and a decent society

http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/07/an-honesty-box.html
  • nomad81nomad81 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    I have a one best friends and many people whom I can name acquaintanceship. The word "friend" means for me a person whom I count on and likewise. I marvel over a situation when people after one or two days call someone a friend. I easily make acquaintanceship, but after passage of time I make a friendship.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 702 OTT
    @nomad81 I agree
  • guimorandiguimorandi Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I never had problems in making new friends. I don't know about other countries but in Brazil wherever you are people will speak with you, even if they don't know you they'll say Hello, Good morning etc... So since I was child I learned to be a very friendly guy and I'm so proud to be like that, that's the reason I have many and many friends in the area where I live.
    I agree, I found people in Brazil very friendly wherever I went, even if we couldn't communicate in English. Somehow it never seemed to matter @guimorandi.
  • RitaLeeRitaLee Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I'm a frosty nature but i'm forgiving, I can make new friend easily
  • RosemaryRosemary Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited July 13
    As I am not a sociable person, I can barely make friends. Friendship for me is not the relation which I can make with anyone. From my point of view, my sister, mother , daughter and husband are my best friends ever. They are the only persons who I can trust ,tell them about my life, consult them any time and undersand and accept their opinions. To sum up, my family is the only persons who I can maintain contact with regardless of any consideration so that they are my real friends.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm a bit afraid of interacting with you @Rosemary. I fear I could bother you. ^^
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • yui_2000yui_2000 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I'm an introvert so it's really hard for me to make new friends. However, it doesn't mean that I hate being in the relationship. If you take the initiative, I will get familiar and I will feel comfortable chatting with you.
    Friendship has to be a two way process, so if I find I'm the one who's making the effort all the time, I eventually give up. Though some people are not at all good at keeping in contact but sometimes this is just how they are.
  • mal162mal162 Posts: 2
    Nowadays I find it difficult to make new friends. When I was younger it was much easier but I have always been a type of shy guy :) I consider myself as an introvert but I strive to change it a little bit