Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How would you describe your personality? How would other people describe your personality.

SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
edited May 11 in Health and Beauty
What is the best aspect of your personality? How about the worst aspect. What personality traits in other people do you hate?

Comments

• mounamouna Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭
    I think be able to listen to other and help them to resolve their problems,I'm responsable and I prefer to do my tasks by myself.
    My worst aspect is giving advices to others all time,it sounds I critic them especially the members of my family.I show them their errors but I think some people don't like this type of advices.
    I hate the persons who's not responsable,this persons try to search another one who replace him in his tasks.it's so terrible to have this personality,you'll be a burden to the society.
  • jhoy16jhoy16 Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I think the best aspect of my personality is being generous. Whoever approaches me for help, wether financial, material or a little favor, I can't refuse him or her. And the worst aspect of my personality ia being hot tempered. I don't know why i got irritated easily when situations aren't fine. But im trying to change and to extend my patience now. And the personality that i dont like from other people is being judgemental. I hate it when they judge me me already eventhough they dont know me yet.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,000 mod
    I have the same problem as you @mouna, in that it can be very difficult to offer advice sometimes when the person just thinks it is criticism.

I think I used to have a fairly short fuse @jhoy16 too but I'm much better at relaxing and counting to ten before I respond. This usually gives me a chance to cool down a little and not over-react. I do not suffer fools gladly. (You might want to check these phrases in bold as they are useful idioms that are used a lot).
  • loma161loma161 Posts: 3
    The best aspect is that I'm so patient person who has the ability to put along term target to achieve.. the bad one actually I'm so emotional character and can be easily effected by any word. So, I hope I can change this very soon
    I'm a worrier and need to stop this.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    The best of aspect of my personality is unrelenting in any challenges come in my life. I hated those people who have a bombastic style, and I hated those people who are not fighting for their self to survive. I do believe you have to fight for your life to survive.
    I just came across this article about worriers. According to this article, worrying might even be good for the health.

“Worry is really good for alerting us to the fact that there’s something we might need to be paying attention to and maybe do something about it,” says Sweeney, an associate professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside. While there are certainly downsides to fretting over whether or not you left the oven on whenever you leave the house, “from an evolutionary perspective, psychology folks might say that we develop these patterns of negative emotions, including worry, because they’re useful.”

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/4IAqO7/:1dYyXWFmh:Eu8pyqjn/qz.com/988711/psychologists-have-good-news-for-people-who-worry-a-lot