Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Could you do this?

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,292 mod
Singing every part of a quartet, is no mean feat.

Comments

• MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, do you want maybe gives singing lesson to us?
    But I'm alone now, we must find three singers yet! :o
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    I'd be able to sing only the bass part. I'm envious of men who can sing in high-pitched voice.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't sing....!
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love music and songs very much, but as far as I am concerned, I think cats sing better than me!
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭
    I can't sing,I think my voice isn't made for songs.
  • maykmayk Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I sing and dance in the bathroom only.
  • nadjibnadjib Posts: 16 ✭✭
    waw it looks so funny loool but i think that i havent the beautifull voice to do that lol
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,119 mod
    Meowwww @Paulette, or maybe purrrrrrrr!

I used to sing in a choir but to be honest, I never sing otherwise.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,907 mod
    I have never done it while singing, but I play the tenor horn and I have recorded myself playing all of the parts to various pieces of music.. just for fun.. and it does actually sound great once it's done!
    That sounds really cool @GemmaRowlands. I'd love to hear this. Is there no way you can share it with us?
    Of course we can all sing, false or good, high or low? In the bathroom or in any other place, it's not important where! :o
    The most important is that we sing, it means we are happy!
    I had to smile when I had to go to a counter in a shop to ask for something @Michouxe and the assistant was singing. He had a boring job but he had a big smile on his face and by singing, so did his clients.
  • WirginiaWirginia Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sing only to my children who consider that I sing beautiful. But really I can't sing. I consider that I squeak. Sometimes I hum for myself when I cook.
    @Wirginia maybe we both together can start a squeaky choir.
    I like to sing, but in all my attempts to do it, my husband always asks: "Does the cat want to enter again?" :#
  • WirginiaWirginia Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paulette when are we starting with this choir?? :wink:
    mheredge said:

That sounds really cool @GemmaRowlands. I'd love to hear this. Is there no way you can share it with us?

I'm not sure how. I used an app on my phone to record it, so the videos are stored on the app.. but I don't know how I can then share them or save them! I'm not great with technology!
    You probably can save thd files to your laptop using bluetooth @GemmaRowlands but if all else fails, just connect your phone to you laptop. It shouldn't be too difficult to browse through the files on the phone if you don't want to share from the phone itself.
  • modamoda Posts: 5
    sometimes
    It's a fact we are with people enough for exercise! ;)
    I'm totally clueless about how cloud works too @GemmaRowlands. My friend has just bought a new phone and is trying to work it out too. He bought the phone primarily as it is supposed to produce good results as a camera. However he is finding it slow and not as handy as he thought even if the pictures look good.
    mheredge said:

I'm totally clueless about how cloud works too @GemmaRowlands. My friend has just bought a new phone and is trying to work it out too. He bought the phone primarily as it is supposed to produce good results as a camera. However he is finding it slow and not as handy as he thought even if the pictures look good.

Well I think if you want good photos, part of the trick is knowing how to edit them effectively after they have been taken. It isn't just about choosing which device to take the photo with!
    I'm old fashioned and prefer using a camera. I don't care whether it is the simplest pocket instamatic or a fancy manuel SLR, but I prefer these to any kind of phone.
    mheredge said:

I'm old fashioned and prefer using a camera. I don't care whether it is the simplest pocket instamatic or a fancy manuel SLR, but I prefer these to any kind of phone.

If I was a proper photographer I think I would agree with you. But I only take snaps for memories rather than with a view to publishing the images anywhere important.
    edited June 9
    Do you love going back over your photos @GemmaRowlands. I know a lot of people who don't. I enjoy looking through mine from time to time. This is another good reason why some day I would like to scan the slides and photographs I have that were taken pre-digital.
    Post edited by mheredge on
    mheredge said:

Do you love back over your photos @GemmaRowlands. I know a lot of people who don't. I enjoy looking through mine from time to time. This is another good reason why some day I would like to scan the slides and photographs I have that were taken pre-digital.

Yes, I do. Sometimes if I have a quiet afternoon I will look at lots of photos from the past, and I enjoy doing so. But sometimes it can be upsetting when you see friends and family who aren't here anymore - either because they have passed away or because you have just lost touch.
    @mheredge I also use an old fashioned camera to make pictures, and I use different lenses to do it. I think the pictures are more beautiful and mostly more clearly.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    I can't sing, but I like music. B)
    Saira said:

I can't sing, but I like music. B)

Even if you're not a good singer, you can still enjoy singing along to your favourite tunes at home. It doesn't matter what you sound like, as long as you're having a good time.
  • alexndalexnd Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands I totally agree with you! I am so a bad singer that I try to sing only when I am alone! I avoid troubling the other with my out of tune singing... and I am sorry if it rains after. :wink:
    This is why I don't like going to karaoke bars as I don't want to have to listen to bad singing @alexnd!