Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Just do it! What is your favourite exercise?

JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
What is my favourite exercise?My favourite exercise is badminton,jogging and gym.Because I want keep fit my body but also personal very favourite exercise is badminton.Badminton can help me to release the stress and I am enjoy in playing.

Comments

• will_tran_2307will_tran_2307 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Reading book and help every body release their stress. I feel happy when helping some body overcome Psychological wounds.
  • zaiymurszaiymurs Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    Mine is jogging and waiting for my backbone to fully recover then i will be going back to the Gym.
  • JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
    will_tran_2307,haha.I agree
    saboteurs,well.Very nice
  • whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @zaiymurs What happened to your backbone?

Anyway, I love swimming because I love being in the water, sometimes I relax myself and let myself float on top of the water. Besides that, I love cycling as I can see the sceneries around me and the wind feels amazing.
  • PenguinPenguin Posts: 7
    My favourite exercise is swimming. The distance to the sea from my home only 15 kilometers. It's beatiful. Besides, I like photoing and traveling. I enjoy taking photos of new places and faces.
    @zaiymurs.Ya, what happened
    edited May 4
    Actually i got a slipped disc on my spine @whoisdead @Jayden , it's happened to me during my deadlift routine, i was misunderstanding with the instructions and steps given by my instructor, and i'm switched my normal routine to endurance routine,i'm to tired and not in the right position which i supposed to be, that's how it happened, honestly it was my own fault.
    @zaiymurs,must take care
    Thank you @Jayden , my doctor advices me to take atleast 1 and a half year rest, and i can feel my spine slowly recovering.
    I see,it is nice.But you also need to get more rest and becareful take care.
  • LKBOOMLKBOOM Posts: 12 ✭✭
    My favourite exercise was running and gym, because I want to lose some weight, and both of them are the best way to lose weight so I have to make my self love in those two exercise.
  • whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Yes, take care @zaiymurs . I hope you'll have a speedy recovery from this. The spine is very important and if it's not properly healed, it might be painful when you're old.
  • herng12345herng12345 Posts: 6
    Swimming and badminton are my favourite sports. Badminton and swimming allow me to relieve stress and have some enjoyable moments with friends. Also, swimming won't make myself sticky from sweat haha.
    @LKBOOM,haha.I also same with you want to lose some weight,actually this is very difficult to lose.Must keep it up and endurance to do it as well as must believe you can do it! Never give up.Actually both of them exercise is very good and just try your best to make it love,but you also can choose another way to lose also can.For example,try to control your food,manage time in exercise and etc.Maybe playing in some sports,playing badminton,palying football and etc.A lot of ways to lose your weight,actually at home also can do.Keep it up,friends.You can do it !
  • vinothvinoth Posts: 11 ✭✭
    My favorite exercise is Boxing.
  • nadjibnadjib Posts: 16 ✭✭
    speaking
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,105 mod
    I think yoga is my favourite exercise but I'm pretty bad at doing it myself, without a teacher. My other favourite is walking, whether this is just down to the shops or a hike in the hills.
  • FatPigletFatPiglet Posts: 1
    I often tried to learn English on my own I failed so badly. somehow I learnt English through online games. I need to practice speaking skill tho
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    Yoga is my favorite exercise and sometimes I like walking.@mehedge and my exercises are the same. :)
  • ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I enjoy playing football and swim
  • givilleneuvegivilleneuve Posts: 2
    My favorites exercises are reading a technical book, working out and work with IT as well.
  • DeniscorrectDeniscorrect Posts: 23 ✭✭
    My favourite exercise is running. I think it doesn't rise your power level but develops your willpower most of all. Long run isn't interesting cause it's chosen by over 30-year-old people.
    I feel a bit guilty. Though I live near the sea, I haven't been swimming yet!
  • LanaLana Posts: 21 ✭✭
    My favourite exercise is gym. It is the best way for me to releive stress.But, If I am too tired for gym I like going for a walk. Than, I'm not thinking of anything...
  • Oluraddy_4realOluraddy_4real Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Keeping fit and smart requires exercising and that takes lot of determination and persistence. To that effect, my regular exercise is sit ups, walking and meditation. Thanks.
    My favourite exercise is walking and also yoga. Today I had a good 45 minutes fast walk to get to my yoga class, so I feel good.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,261 mod
    Today Iˋve been hiking. It was a long, long marsh; 8 hours. With me was my sister and godchild. At the way back we thought weˋll never reach our car.

Actually I wanted to takie part in our todayˋs session. No chance, my feet didˋt obey.
    Do you mean march @Hermine? A marsh is an area of wet, boggy ground.
  • HermineHermine Moderator Posts: 6,261 mod
    @Marianne, actually I meant a ˋ long walkˋ.