Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is one to say about June? The time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.

Gertrude Jekyll
A swarm of bees in May
Is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June
Is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July
Is not worth a fly.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Just do it! What is your favorite movie?

JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited April 26 in New Members
What is your favorite movie?What you learnt from movie?

Comments

• JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Guys,sorry I write wrong .Because it's not that movie,the correct one is what you learnt from the movie
    Guys,sorry I write wrong .Because it's not that movie,the correct one is what you learnt from the movie
  • andreamitxandreamitx Posts: 6
    Hi! I'm a beginner. Currently I'm kinda obsessed with La La Land. I fell in love with the beautiful scenes and the music.. oh my God.. the music.. BRILLIANT!

The learning that I have is that you have to follow your dreams but maybe, you end up achieving your goal but leaving behind something or someone that you used to love more...
  • will_tran_2307will_tran_2307 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Hello. i'm beginner too. when i was a kid, i'm infatuated with series film :" Harry potter" .
    In that time, i couldn't earn money and my family didn't afford money for me to buy CD or to go to the cinema. i had to watch them on TV and the time for movies was midnight. although Staying up late is very bad for kid's health, i still followed those movies. It's very crazy when every body slept and i still watched movie !!! :smiley: , i didn't learn any things from the movies but after that time, i knew : in my life, when i decided to follow my passion , i have to make up my mind and it's the price for passion following.
  • whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @will_tran_2307 Hey, I love Harry Potter too! I even read the whole series of the novel. Some of the movies aren't as good as the novel but their special effects are amazing. Same like you, I would wait and watch it on tv because movie tickets are expensive here.

Anyway, my favourite movie is The Imitation Game. It's an inspiring movie and one of the movies that motivated me to work harder to achieve my goals/dreams. What I learnt was that I don't have to try to fit in, just do what I love and passionate about. Failure is something everyone has to go through to become who they are. Hence, we shouldn't be afraid to fail, just keep learning from those mistakes.
  • shadi631shadi631 Posts: 5
    Notebook :smile:
  • DeniscorrectDeniscorrect Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I don't like to watch movie. But i' ll be glad if somebody advices me some interesting documentery movie but not produced by national geografic or bbc.
    andreamitx,haha.You are romantic
    Hi,will_tran_2307 and whoisdead.Two of you favourite movie same,haha.Same movie harry potter
    Hello,shadi631.What is the meaning notebook smile?
    Hello,Deniscorrect.Haha,you are my first time hear don't like watch movie.Interesting ;)
    Haha,and also thanks everyone comment my topic.Thanks <3
  • zaiymurszaiymurs Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    My favourite movie is the Lord of The Rings, Alien and Predator and few others, i'm looking forward for incoming Alien and Predator sequel which will be release in 2018. But when i were a kids i still remember that i always imagined there's an alien hiding under my bed, but it's just a movie and one of the most unforgettable scene is when the Xenomorph burst out from the victims chest. Enough to scared the kids though.
  • GoulartGoulart Posts: 8
    My favorite movie is The Godfather. I don't know if I learnt anything besides cool quotes. But another favorite movie of mine is The Fight Club. It made me think about some stuff, like consumerism.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,046 mod
    What's wrong with BBC documentaries @Deniscorrect? David Attenborough's documentaries are wonderful. I also like Michael Palin's travel documentaries.
  • vinothvinoth Posts: 11 ✭✭
    My favourite movie is Sachin, Rab ne banadi jodi & Titanic.
  • JalfonJalfon Posts: 9
    > @mheredge said:
    > What's wrong with BBC documentaries @Deniscorrect? David Attenborough's documentaries are wonderful. I also like Michael Palin's travel documentaries.

I love everything Michael Palin's been involved at. Watching him in his travel documentaries was a really nice surprise! By the way, my favourite movies are One, Two, Three by Billy Wilder, Once Upon A Time In The West by Sergio Leone and The Man Who Would Be King by John Houston.
    When I used to live in London @Jalfon I went to hear Michael Palin talk about his travel adventures a few times at various travel exhibitions. As well as being a famous comedian who used to play in the Monty Python series, he is an accomplished journalist and impressed me as being a very nice guy too.
  • JalfonJalfon Posts: 9
    Lucky you, @mheredge, I'm sure it was an interesting and funny speech, he and Terry Jones are my favourite Pythons, altough I like them all! I've seen their movies a lot of times and the Flying Circus episodes too. I've recently seen their last show, a musical play with them on stage performing some of their better-known gags. I laughed but it's not the same, I think that in the episodes they were being spontaneous and that is impossible to recreate.
  • SpoukzSpoukz Posts: 4
    Well, my favorite saga is Fast and Furious, I like all movies in this saga.
  • ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    My favourite movie when i was young was "Home Alone"
    Today I downloaded a couple of movies: Denial (2016) and The Lobster (2015).

Denial is a 2016 British-American historical drama film based on Deborah Lipstadt's book 'History on Trial: My Day in Court with a Holocaust Denier' dramatising the Irving v Penguin Books Ltd court case. Here Lipstadt, a Holocaust scholar, was sued by Holocaust denier David Irving for libel.

Then for light relief, The Lobster is a 2015 black comedy film where single people are given 45 days to find a romantic partner or otherwise be turned into animals. It stars Colin Farrell as a newly-single man trying to find someone so he can remain human and Rachel Weisz as a woman with whom he attempts to form a relationship. The film is very international, co-produced by Ireland, United Kingdom, Greece, France and the Netherlands.

• MohamedgamalMohamedgamal Posts: 16 ✭✭
    The Pursuit of Happiness , I learned from this movie how to start from the scratch
  • balubalu Posts: 22 ✭✭
    My favourite movie is "The Dark Knight ",simply because I love character driven films. More so, in this case I mean the "Joker". The joker is a brilliant character which inhibits all kinds of varied extreme of emotions. You can see hatred and love at the same time. It was brilliantly portrayed by Heath Ledger. To be honest, I love all the films directed by Christopher Nolan.
  • LanaLana Posts: 21 ✭✭
    There are so many excellent movies, but I will mention the latest I watched. "Perfect strangers" is italian movie. It is about a few long-time couples who have dinner together. During dinner they decided to pu their cell phones on the table and if somebody get message or call it have to read it aloud. By doing that thay would like to show that anybody has nothing to hide. It is very good movie. I recommend everyone to watch it.
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 678 Teacher
    @Lana that sounds like a really interesting movie! Was it released recently?
  • LanaLana Posts: 21 ✭✭
    @NatashaT Yes, it was released in 2016. You should watch it :smile:
  • Oluraddy_4realOluraddy_4real Posts: 21 ✭✭
    In all fairness, I don't have any favourite movie because I have seen lots of movie, I am still seeing movies and I will still see movies.
    @Lana this sounds like a good movie. I will check it out. I have a bit of a backlog though.