Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 94

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

bonus

opera

crisps

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,223 mod
    It was a bonus for the opera company to have the sponsorship of a huge crisp manufacturer but they soon realised the problem when the noise of crisp eating disturbed the performance.
  • WirginiaWirginia Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    I got bonus in my work so I buy ticket for the opera. After performance I will buy a bag of crisps.
    (Use the words in one sentence @Wirginia )
    ----------------------
    I got a bonus at work so I bought a ticket for the opera and after the performance I bought a bag of crisps.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    The opera company has just announced their newest promotion that buying two packs of crisps at once will gain extra bonus to win the biggest prize.
    ---------------------
    The opera company has just announced their newest promotion that if you buy two packs of crisps you will get an extra bonus to win the biggest prize.
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    Everybody started to notice me when I was eating crisp chips in opera hall making awkward noise and disturbing everybody.
    ----------------------
    Everybody started to notice me when I ate my crisp chips in the opera hall, making awkward noises and disturbing them so I didn't get my bonus. (The bane of my life!)
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    Everybody started to notice me when I was eating crisp chips in opera hall making awkward noise and disturbing everybody.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    I receive a bonus for playing in the opera and the crisps was like music in my ears.
    --------------------
    I received a bonus for playing in the opera and the crisps were like music to my ears.
    @prateek You forgot the bonus.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    The opera musician eating crisps while playing to express his dissatisfaction toward the boss who cut his bonus unreasonably.
    -------------------
    The musicians of the opera were eating crisps while playing to express their dissatisfaction for their boss who had cut their bonuses unreasonably.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the opera you received a bonus when they heard you don't like crisps.
    edited April 15
    I have get a bonus voucher for a sack crisps if I want to see and listen to the opera!
    -----------------
    I have got a bonus voucher for a sack of crisps if I want to see and listen to the opera!
    edited April 15
    In the opera was a performance with a artist who made music with a bonus sac of crisps.
    ---------------
    In the opera was a performance with an artist who made music with a bonus sack of crisps.
    edited April 15
    I want to listen this artist when he makes music with the bonus crisps sac in the opera!
    ----------------------
    I want to listen this artist when he makes music with the bonus crisps sack in the opera!
    edited April 15
    Don't you know this artist who makes music in the opera with sacs of crisps is a bonus?
    --------------------
    If you know this artist who makes music in the opera with sacks of crisps it is a bonus.
    edited April 15
    I think people annoyed by the noise of the bonus sac crisps when they want to listen to the opera!
    -------------------
    I think people are annoyed by the noise of the bonus sack of crisps when they want to listen to the opera!
  • AamirMansooriAamirMansoori Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited April 15
    I took shares of Crisp chips who gave me Bonus while I watched Opera
    -----------------
    I took shares of Crisp chips and they gave me a bonus while I watched the Opera.
    Was the bonus of the crisps for the Opera "Jesus Christ Superstar"?
    Have you seen the opera"jesus Christ Superstar" when you ate the crisps bonus?
    Yes I have seen the opera but I eat only crisps when I receive a bonus for it.
    When plays the opera again then can I the bonus uses and eat the crisps at home.
    You are very welcome in the opera when you eat the crisps at home and you receive a bonus ticket for the next performance.

Thank you, I see you maybe in the opera and I hope you takes a bonus for a sac with crisps.
    Which opera performance do you like after we have eat the bonus sac with crisps?
    Have you some ideas what opera performance bonus and crisps I prefer?
    You are invited by me, thus I choose the opera and also the bonus crisps.
    You know I prefer bonus with paprika crisps, yummy crunchy for in the opera.
    I took note of your wishes regarding the bonus crisps and I hope you love the opera "La Traviata".
    I like it you have took note of my wish about the bonus crisps and I want to know of this “La Traviata” Is it a lovely opera?
    Don't you know La Traviata of Verdi, it is a opera that vibrate more then the bonus crisps.
    I have never been to an opera but I have the best bonus crisps.
    If you heard the opera then you forget all the bonus crisps of the whole world.
This discussion has been closed.