Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you do in your free time?

GauravGaurav Posts: 56 ✭✭
edited March 29 in Your Writing
Most of us do very interesting and enjoyable things in our free time. I like to play the guitar, read a book, hangout. What are your favourite things that you do in your free time?
@Paulette @Bubbly @mheredge @aladdin @Lynne @prateek

Comments

• zeshanzeshan Posts: 4
    I like to read different articles related to science and research. I read online newspapers and it is the way you connect with the world.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    I love to sleep that's why if have free time I don't waste any second to sleep.
  • SpoukzSpoukz Posts: 4
    I like to play a online game, D3/Lol/WoW/FWT...
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,081 mod
    I have sown some seeds for some tomatoes, peppers, sunflowers and artichokes. I am watering them every day and some of the seeds are beginning to sprout.
  • dmitry65535dmitry65535 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I like to "travel" through google street vew.
    I can't believe how time is always going too fast. So free time? What's this?
  • aminemaritime1aminemaritime1 Posts: 6
    i like reading scientific books, watching documentaries on youtube, learning new language that i set in my goal, traveling and visiting my cousins
  • MuhmedOmranMuhmedOmran Posts: 15 ✭✭
    when i have free mony I like listen Music And watch Movies And Reading Books
    Me too, I love reading and watching movies @MuhmedOmran. What sort of things do you read and watch?
  • MuhmedOmranMuhmedOmran Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I love alot of Egyption Writers For example Omar Taher and one Writer Dont Egyption is Oliver Twist (Bleak House) and I like Romace Filmes And some action @mheredge
  • medmansmedmans Posts: 24 ✭✭
    In my free time, i visit family member that i did't seen in ages.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    I usually connect to the Internet or go outside with my family or my friends when I'm free.
  • AndrewSotnikovAndrewSotnikov Posts: 55 ✭✭
    When I have a free time after work, I ride my bike or attend dance classes. In my lunch break, I read something interesting articles and materials about programming or fiction.
    In weekends, I prefer to spend time with friends or going for a walk somewhere.
    In my free time these days I'm reading more than anything else. I'm not very entrails by TV series at the moment. Books, articles, even the back of the cornflakes' packet keeps me entertained.
  • NnoitoraGNnoitoraG Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Usually, I like to watch some movies or video on Youtube in English. Also I love to read articles, stories or books. I had been reading the last book from Dark Tower series by King, but I'm a little busy lately and I can't finish it. But I will, because I need to know, how this epic story ends.
    I'm going to go for a walk this afternoon. I just hope it won't rain.
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking
    What do you think about @abhishekb9099? Or are you meditating?
    mheredge wrote: »
    What do you think about @abhishekb9099? Or are you meditating?

I think about Future. What would be my work profile, I try to visualise my future in free time. This is just one of thing which I think about but there are lot more.
    What do you envisage you will be doing in five years @abhishekb9099?
    What do you envisage you will be doing in five years @abhishekb9099?

Well to be honest, I'm not predicting anything for now but I do believe I should set some goals in my life.
    It depends on what you're doing now @abhishekb9099 and if you're happy with what you're doing now.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    I sometimes watch TV series about islamic civilisation and how musulmans were very powerful in this world.
    I am finding reading is something I like doing most in my free time. Before going to sleep I like to read. The problem sometimes is that I don't want to put the book down and I end up having a late night!
    It depends on what you're doing now @abhishekb9099 and if you're happy with what you're doing now.

Yes I'm pretty happy with my life and how it's going but still I do believe there should be Goals so I'm working it.
  • EppingEpping Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I always play FIFA football game whenever I could.
    When I have a few days of free time I love to travel. Last week I spent a couple of days in Pokhara and enjoyed the more laid back feel of the place just before the tourism season gets under way.
  • sammanisammani Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    I was used to play mini games during my free hours.but now I suffer a lot as I have wasted my time doing nothing.so now I am always with forum and when I get any free time I post something here and I read posts.I think at least I will improve my english.In addition I go to gym.I enjoy playing batminton,and table tenis lot at the gymnasium.
    I'm planning to go bird watching on Saturday. This will be a very relaxing way to spend a few hours.
  • JMAROUFJMAROUF Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I usually read some books , scientific articles anf practice sport in my free time