Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

If you were given a chance to turn back time, what would you tell yourself? Why?

whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
If you were given a chance to turn back time to tell yourself something in ONE sentence, what would it be? Why?

Comments

• WilsonNgWilsonNg Posts: 5
    'Don't be afraid that you'll be obese because girls will still like you.'
  • JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
    If I were have a change to turn back time to tell myself is don't be stress, also don't think about bad thing and don't eb afraid.Must focus on your studies don't think another things,just focus studies because it were help you to forgot one thing
  • KingOfHatsKingOfHats Posts: 7
    "Do your homework you bellend"
  • vinqsYekvinqsYek Posts: 8
    "Don't waste too much time on video game because u will quit it sometime. Learn something that will help you in future" Example: learn Japanese. Because I realized I love everything in Japan recent years. :D But i regretted that I've done nothing over the past few years because i have no time to learn Japanese now :*
  • whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @KingOfHats You dislike doing homework or you don't bother doing it?

@vinqsYek Aww...it's okay, you can still try to learn Japanese now. Maybe spare a free time once a week for the language. It's better late than never.
  • zatre_12zatre_12 Posts: 5
    If I were have a chance to turn back time. I would do my best for my spm. Also I wouldn't do my assignment last minute during my 1 semester of point College. Not wasted watching too much youtube
  • KingOfHatsKingOfHats Posts: 7
    @whoisdead ...Yes
  • ShinAKZShinAKZ Posts: 7
    If I was given a chance to turn back time I also won't do anything. What I was do had make current of me. Regret is a part of life, if you really feel regret on something then u should learn from mistakes. Because "This is my mistake and I am responsible". You can do it better next time with that previous experience. And also it is fun to experience it by myself instead of the future of 'me' tell me what to do.
  • Jacqueline123Jacqueline123 Posts: 5
    If I were given a chance to turn back time, I will tell myself to learning English properly.l would like to practice one more time English language ,try to be better than now. Speak with others with using English and increase my confidence .
  • vinqsYekvinqsYek Posts: 8
    @whoisdead Thanks for your recommendation. But in the same time i need master the English language shortly for some reasons . I think it is not effective to study 2 languages at once.
  • ckcarmenckcarmen Posts: 1
    If I have a chance to turn back time, I will treasure friendship and control my temper because I am a irritability person so I lose some important friends . After that, I will more filial piety my parent because I always let them upset and disappointed. Furthermore, I will train my memory to getting better and easy to remember things because I have many serious troubles in memories somethings.
  • soupmantrasoupmantra Posts: 298 ✭✭
    I don't think I would have much to say to past myself. But if I had a chance to turn back then I would like to say myself that don't be afraid of anything, especially small thing. Stop worrying about this thing and don't degrade your confidence level because of it.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 26,975 mod
    I don't think I would have done anything differently either @ShinAKZ. I don't think I have any regrets about anything. I don't need to turn the clock back.
  • yangchin1997yangchin1997 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Don't give up and don't feel upset whatever happen to next, be happiness and thinking positive.
  • ThooThoo Posts: 2
    I will tell myself that don't be sad when your love ones dumped you, be strong and continue to be yourself, there's always a second chance
  • DannyyuDannyyu Posts: 4
    Well I more likely not going do that ,it might change the timeline the present and future.
  • nwpnwp Posts: 4
    If I have the chance, I hope I can start playing basketball when I was still a child, so I can grow taller than now and I could do better performance in the competition when I was in highschool.
  • clairclair Posts: 30 ✭✭
    If I can go back to my past, I want to tell myself to try many, many different things.

Looking back, I think I lived too conservatively. For instance, I had friends who were similar to me. But now I see good sides to knowing many different people, different cultures, mindsets, values, etc. I've also had a tendency to stick to one job for a long time rather than changing the jobs because I thought that was a good character, to be loyal to your company. But now I see that diverse experiences could have broaden my views, opinions, and thoughts. I am grateful about my life but I do have some wishes that I could have done differently in the past.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭
    If the past return back ,I would tell myself:learn languages more and more .
  • CyjoeyinCyjoeyin Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I will tell myself "Hey, you better eat more to grow taller!!"
  • CyjoeyinCyjoeyin Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Because my height stop when I'm was primary