Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

How do you motivate yourself?

whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited March 26 in People and Feelings
I have been feeling down lately so I want to know how everyone motivates themselves. I need some advice and motivation to get myself up and moving again. It is not just about exercise but more about life in general. It can be anything.
Tagged:

Comments

• Manar_ELSaeedManar_ELSaeed Posts: 27 ✭✭
    For me ,I think the best way to motivate yourself is writing your goals and once you achieve one of them mark it and always look at this paper , focus on the marks ,i think you feel better and motivated .
    As when we put some tasks only in our mind without writing ,and if we can't finish all of them you feel down ,you focus only on failuers ,you can't remember your achievements so we have to make our mind aware of both achievments and failuers .
  • whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
    @Manar_ELSaeed Wow, thanks for the advice! I will definitely give it a try.
  • Manar_ELSaeedManar_ELSaeed Posts: 27 ✭✭
    @whoisdead you're welcome , i hope it works with you
  • herng12345herng12345 Posts: 6
    @Manar_ELSaeed I like that!
    For my case, I usually just take 10 minutes to listen some relaxing music. During 10 minutes, you can take a few of deep breath and clear your mind to relieves some stress that you have been built up then telling yourself "don't give up just yet!". It helps me a lot whenever i felt regret about the course i have picked in college.
    Other than that, as @Manar_ELSaeed mentioned before, write your goals in a paper then pin it at somewhere visible area which able to remind you that you a goal to acheive.

I hope this can helps you although this is not much but it helped me and also sorry for my bad english. I am still learning. haha
  • walidelmadawywalidelmadawy Posts: 1
    Helping & supporting others
    Gives me a great push forward
  • JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
    For me I will try to do exercises and say,"you can do it".Haha
  • DaneshDanesh Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I'll listen to music mostly and watch movies to motivate myself. Sometimes I feel stress, by doing this I actually came out of stress and have free mind to think clearly to do my assignments and other works.
  • zaiymurszaiymurs Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    What i do is, i try to set my mind and thought about something positive, usually i've to forced my own self to be that way, i told myself that never ever give up, i wrote some of the positive words about success on paper, watch some inspiring successful person video, read their quote and their story.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    Offering a gift to yourself when you do some thing good or when you realize your goals.
  • joshuachinjoshuachin Posts: 4
    By doing the things I like, I can motivate myself to move forward and continue working on whatever I have to do.
  • Jacqueline123Jacqueline123 Posts: 5
    I always motivate myself using the method thinking positive in my mind.Of cause keep "I can do it" in my mind to do somethings.
  • saneilnaik11saneilnaik11 Posts: 1
    For me, books or podcasts on self-help, keeps me motivated.
  • cleberamaralcleberamaral Posts: 18 ✭✭
    This works for me as well, @saneilnaik11

Actually, I used to listening podcasts channels and read books related to my professional area (Business Intelligence).

Of course, if you don't like listening to podcasts in your own language.... hardly you will listen to this kind podcast in english...
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    @whoisdead I hope you are feeling more motivated these days. Have a look at the positive thinking topic as there are some interesting comments and references here.
  • pezhmanpezhman Posts: 54 ✭✭
    The motivation must be realistic.at first I make interest in my mind then intensify that whit doing that. step by step I will be more motivated by this method and thinking about more important target.
  • ainefroshainefrosh Posts: 4
    i try to go running and making myself physically exhausted in order not to think about the misery that im in . another method of mine is driving car ( a bit fast . however it is not reccommended ) . and best of all crying ... give it try ( suggestion from one the best scientists that the world has ever seen ... Avecinna .
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    Crying is healthy and it is good to express your emotions @ainefrosh.

At the moment I need a big kick in the pants to get myself motivated to do my tax return. I keep saying tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes.
  • MuhmedOmranMuhmedOmran Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I Usually Motivate myself Useing Two Method N1 Music N2 go to Gym EveryDay
    I love it because i have alot of Dreams