Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Give some advice to your younger self..

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,307 mod
If you could go back in time and talk to yourself as a child, what would you say?

For me, it would be "don't worry, it's not too bad - but don't be so shy!"

What would you like to say to yourself as a child if you could?

Comments

• MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me as child I would say to myself, don't believe everything adults to promise or say! And don't let you do always!
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    @Michouxe
    It's true that grown ups don't tell kids the truth all the time. I know that because now that's what I do as a grown up. Haha!

But I'd like to say it's for the kids' sake.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    What I'd like to tell myself as a kid is be sure to play more with your friends while you're still in the US. Try to maintain friendship and communications with them after you go back to Japan.
    @takafromtokyo said, It's true that grown ups don't tell kids the truth all the time. I know that because now that's what I do as a grown up. Haha!

But I'd like to say it's for the kids' sake.

I think it's not always for the sake of the child that adults lie to kids.
    What I still want to say to myself as child, have some more self-confidence!

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,307 mod

What I'd like to tell myself as a kid is be sure to play more with your friends while you're still in the US. Try to maintain friendship and communications with them after you go back to Japan.

This is a really important lesson, I think. Friendship is without a doubt one of the most important things that we have, yet so many people seem to be too busy to focus on their friendships a lot of the time.
    I want to say myself as child and also now, go not back in time, but look always to the future!
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @prateek @jackelliot @mohit_singh @GemmaRowlands

When as a child I asked some questions always found the adults I was too curious and very often my questions were not answer, but I was sent to the outside. I found the adults cruel, but maybe it was me who wasn't shy enough!

I wouls say to the adults give always an answer to the children, so they will get trust in their life and if we have trust we make more friends.

I agree with @takafromtokyo a friendship is so valuable.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 737 OTT
    @Michouxe your advise is what I gave to the Afhan I talked with a few days ago when he told me about his experience with the Taliban
  • joshuachinjoshuachin Posts: 4
    Everyone do not have enough preparation in live . So I were to go back to my younger self I would told to prepare for things that are important for future.

Everyone do not have enough preparation in live . So I were to go back to my younger self I would told to prepare for things that are important for future.

Yes, I agree with this. I think lots of people are completely unprepared for adult life, financially as well.
  • soupmantrasoupmantra Posts: 298 ✭✭
    My advice to my younger self would be don't worry about the world, be confidence and don't take much time for small decisions.

My advice to my younger self would be don't worry about the world, be confidence and don't take much time for small decisions.

I think that is good advice. Sometimes we can spend so much time worrying that we don't bother to think about all of the good things in life. If we worry too much, it spoils the life we're living while it's actually happening.