Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What's your favourite thing about spring?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,727 mod
Spring is in the air, I can feel it, and I love it! In the UK at the moment the sun is shining, and everyone is walking around with a smile on their face.

So, it got me thinking..

What's your favourite thing about spring? Mine is seeing the flowers grow in the garden, as there is nothing there in winter at all, so seeing all of the colour is most welcome!

Comments

  • whoisdeadwhoisdead Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Wow...that sounds beautiful. Unfortunately there's only sunny days and rainy days in my country. However, I visited another country once during the Spring season and I would say that my favourite thing about the season would be the temperature and mother nature showing off its beauty with various colours.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    whoisdead said:

    Wow...that sounds beautiful. Unfortunately there's only sunny days and rainy days in my country. However, I visited another country once during the Spring season and I would say that my favourite thing about the season would be the temperature and mother nature showing off its beauty with various colours.

    It is always good to visit other countries to see the types of weather that they experience that you know nothing about. I enjoy travelling for this reason - even if the weather isn't always very pleasant to be in!
  • JaydenJayden Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Can let me feel relax and no worries too much.The nature can bring our mind to feel more relax
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    Jayden said:

    Can let me feel relax and no worries too much.The nature can bring our mind to feel more relax

    Nature definitely helps you to relax. That's why if you look for online videos of relaxing sounds, a lot of them will be to do with things that you could listen to in the great outdoors.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,581 mod
    I'm still waiting for spring. When it comes, I will enjoy longer walks in the sunshine.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    Lynne said:

    I'm still waiting for spring. When it comes, I will enjoy longer walks in the sunshine.

    Spring has just about arrived here, though we are still having some rainy days at the moment. I enjoy walks, but it isn't quite warm enough to go out without a jacket yet. That is what I am waiting for!
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always think at the quote: "A new spring, a new beginning" Every year you see the new buds on the trees, the new blossoms and also the new lives of lambs, birds, hedgehogs. The garden who was empty comes to bloom and everything changes. And that is also the moment to do revive a human being.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    Paulette said:

    I always think at the quote: "A new spring, a new beginning" Every year you see the new buds on the trees, the new blossoms and also the new lives of lambs, birds, hedgehogs. The garden who was empty comes to bloom and everything changes. And that is also the moment to do revive a human being.

    I love this time of year, because there are so many new beginnings. I think it's beautiful to see so much new life around.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    The most things that attract me in spring is to see the flowers growing with the differents colors.Going outside in spring to do picninc make me very exciting .
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    mouna said:

    The most things that attract me in spring is to see the flowers growing with the differents colors.Going outside in spring to do picninc make me very exciting .

    Oh, I really enjoy picnics too. I don't think I managed to have one at all last year, so I need to make more of an effort to get outside and enjoy the weather this year.
This discussion has been closed.