Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Spring

With winter ending

how is it that you celebrate Spring

What do you associate with this Spring period

http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/03/12-words-for-spring-printemps.html

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭✭
    @jackelliot

Spring is the time of the year for cherry blossom viewing. The tiny flowers and petals are really something you don't want to miss. They're beautiful in full bloom, and they're beautiful when they leave the branches.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 754 OTT

And this is another Spring festival .

http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/2017/03/marvelous.a-spring-fesitval.html

@torellip @Bubbly @NatashaT @Just-Learn @Anurada @Shiny03 @peaceculture2 @aladdin @gerry @gam01hr @mohit_singh @pratyushbat @abhishekb9099 @ThomasJude @Ariemes @Indu07 @ahm@nomad81 @nomad81 @Yellowtail @Paulette @Frank @takafromtokyo @mheredge @peaceculture2 @Lynne @Dora @prateek @Johnofvillage @Rema @Shishio13
    @jasmin @Janjard @leertip en @Margreth59:
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jackelliot

Springtime for me is the time of the lambs they are so cute. In my neighborhood there are a lot of meadows with new lambs ( black and white) and their bleating sounds like music to your ears. They romp with each other and you can also see how they drink at their mothers.

And also people start to moving outdoors and there is more activity and all of this make me very happy.
  • NatashaTNatashaT Posts: 778 Teacher
    It´s not spring time for me - autumn is here, and winter is coming...

This is not my favourite time of year!! :s
    @NatashaT
    Oh, cause you're in the south hemisphere! Winters and summers are opposite to us. I'd like to see Christmas in summer in your place. I'm curious!

@jackelliot
    Spring is the end of the school year in Japan. Basically, public schools in Japan starts in April and ends in March. For some students, it's time to step up a grade, for some it's time for graduation or enrollment. It inevitably makes us think of leaving our familiar places and meeting with new friends. It's the season of loneliness and sadness, but at the same time, expectations and happiness. It's a beautiful season.

What about in your country?
    @filauzio and the spring brings blossoms
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @takafromtokyo

In my country, Belgium, is the end of the school year in June. Some students are finished their studies and graduate, other students receive an attest what they can choice for the future. The months July and August are holidays for the students. The start of a new school year is on September.
  • Indu07Indu07 Posts: 116 ✭✭
    @jackelliot
    Spring is arrived in London too. Indeed, it is a wonderful season. Some trees are in full bloom and the daffodils along the fence are ready to give birth to their bright yellow blossoms.
  • jasminjasmin Posts: 41 ✭✭
    I have never been to Japan. And i would love to visit someday on springtime. It's my wish to see cherry blossoms.
    @Paulette
    So, school starts in September in Belgium!
    I've heard before that starting schools in September is the mainstream in the world, and Japan is a rare exception.
  • EminaCEminaC Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Spring is my favorite season. Evrything beginning to grow, and people are more happy than during the winter.
  • EminaCEminaC Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited June 22
    @jackelliot Yes of course summer is very beautiful, but I prefer spring.
    @EminaC it is lovely also
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,171 mod
    Of course summer in the northern hemisphere is winter in the southern hemisphere, so now can be the best time to visit some areas like Queensland in Australia where it gets unbearably hot in the summer.