Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 91

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,214 mod
Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

galaxy

potato

moth

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    The moth at the galaxy way was searching the earth because she wants eat a potato.
    -----------------------
    The moth was at the galaxy way and was searching the earth because she wanted to eat a potato.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • TinkaTinka Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    After he successfully chased away the potato tuber moth, the happy farmer was sitting in his potato field and reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    While the happy farmer reads The Hitchhickers Guide to Galaxy, the moth come back to the potato and continues eating.
  • leertipleertip Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    The moth on the potato thought she was the qeeun in the galaxy
    ------------------
    The moth on the potato thought she was the queen of the galaxy.
    edited March 8
    The next day you could read in the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy that our new queen is a moth.
  • CamvelCamvel Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I ate the biggest potato in the galaxy with the help of a moth.
    After eating the potato the moth traveled further along the galaxy.
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    If you are going on holiday to galaxy you may not forget the potato, and also the moth balls for the often still common moth in the space! :p
    -------------------------------
    If you are going on holiday to the galaxy, you must not forget the potato or the moth balls for the still common moth in space!
    The boiled potato felt strong in the galaxy but the moth didn't like it.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    Moths flied across the potato field in a night sky that galaxy could be seen clearly.
    ---------------------
    Moths flew across the potato field in a night sky where the galaxy could be seen clearly.
    When the moths arrived in the galaxy they let the potato fall back to earth.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,502 mod
    I didn't think moths were into potatoes @Paulette but maybe somewhere in the Galaxy there are moths that like chips.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,002 mod
    The potato tuber moth makes a potato look like a porous meteorite traveling through the galaxy.

edited March 8
    I read in the The Hitchhickers Guide to Galaxy the one with moths is for women and the one with the potato is for men.
    --------------------------------
    I read in the The Hitchhickers Guide to Galaxy that the one with moths is for women, and the one with the potato is for men.
    edited March 8
    If you going to fly to Galaxy, you must see that your clothes are moth free, if you not want to create clothes with potato peel.
    --------------------
    When you are going to fly to the Galaxy, you must check that your clothes are moth free, if you don't want to create clothes with potato peel.
  • chyijungchyijung Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    The mother moth stuffed plenty of potatoes into her daughter's bag for the preparation to travelling through the galaxy.
    ------------------
    The mother moth stuffed plenty of potatoes into her daughter's bag ready to travel through the galaxy.
    edited March 8
    During the travelling at the Galaxy the moth was angry because she had forgotten the potatoes.
    --------------------------
    During her travels through the Galaxy, the moth was angry because she had forgotten the potatoes.
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    The hungry moth had a bite into mashed potato for the first time in his life, and it was so delicious that he felt like the whole galaxy exploded in his brain.
    The hungry moth bit into mashed potato for the first time in his life and it was so delicious that he felt like the whole galaxy exploded in his brain.
    edited March 8
    The other moths saw this spectacle and they took quickly the rest of the mashed potatoes for themselves.
    ------------------------------
    The other moths saw this spectacle in the Galaxy and quickly took the rest of the mashed potatoes for themselves.
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 741 OTT

......but someone lost his spectacles was unable to see the spectacle

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,214 mod
    That must be me then @jackelliot ! I can't see your sentence!
    @amatsuscribbler
    Thank you for taking your time to make corrections on our sentences. I'm sure it has been quite a lot of work to go through all of them!!
    I hope you now take a good rest!

edited March 10
    I Don't knew that a moth loves potato's and that they think to find that in the galaxy
    -------------------------
    I didn't know that moths love potatoes and that they think they can find them in the galaxy.
    edited March 10
    Moths lusts everything from potatoes to even my shirt printed with the Galaxy.
    -------------------
    Moths lust after everything, from potatoes even to my shirt printed with the Galaxy.
    edited March 10
    It's completely a mystery how it started, but a huge black hole appeared in the far away Galaxy growing bigger every second sucking nothing but moths and potatoes.
    It's a complete mystery how it started, but a huge black hole appeared in the far away Galaxy growing bigger every second sucking in nothing but moths and potatoes.
  • NippurNippur Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    edited March 10
    When I turned and was about to grab the potato to cook a nice Tortilla, I noticed what surely was the largest moth in the whole Galaxy!
    -------------------------
    I was about to grab the potato to cook a nice Tortilla when I turned around and noticed what was surely the largest moth in the whole Galaxy!
    edited March 10
    The moth has flown past hundreds of galaxies just to meet the potato that he had longed to meet with all his life.

Should I use "passed"?
    The moth flew past hundreds of galaxies just to meet the potato that he had longed to meet all his life.

(No, you used the correct past!)
  • Magda116Magda116 Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited March 15
    10 galaxies beyond, the moth saw back all his friends, and they organized a party with big bowls of potatoes
    -------------------------------
    Ten galaxies beyond, the moth greetd all his friends back and they organized a party with big bowls of potatoes.
This discussion has been closed.