Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

News Round Up 236

pridepocpridepoc Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
Tagged:

Comments

• filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that the way of depicting someone as being ' an armchair critic ', as saying those who just limit themselves to crticize, but never get involved in or take part in whatever, in order to straighten and correct faults, was depreciative epithet enough.

Now that oxforddictionaries.com added this new term ' clicktivism ', I see that we needed that term to mark the birth of digital generation's armchair activists: including the old ones facing new digital devices though. I suppose, in fact, that unlike technologies which continually evolves, they keep sticking to their narrow-mindedness, and to their comfortable armchair, too.
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Posts: 2,239 mod
    I don't want to talk about him!

Here are the links for Youtube:-

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    @filauzio I think clicktivism applies very accurately to the way Facebook has a 'like' button to approve anything you see.
  • filauziofilauzio Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree @mheredge.

It was funny the news about the flight being delayed for some hours due to a spotted mouse on the plane.
    Then there was the announcement by the crew, stating in the end that:
    ' ... everyone with two legs is now on their way to California, and we are sorry for the delay. '
    I'm wondering how they might have managed to do away with the rodent's menace in so short a stretch of time.
    I suppose that, in the huge fuselage, not sooner had the sharp-teethed mammal's feverish bouncing start struggling to find shelter and hiding-place, than its effort might have worked out.
    So, most probably, the announcement was right, but only in the sense that the little mouse too, had already seated itself comfortably in its hole, fastened the seat belt around its belly, and showed two stretched legs underneath, as well as the human travellers.
    The forelegs were perhaps already keeping in place, before its moustache, the unfolded newspaper sheet.
    It was probably already relaxing and sinking deeper in its seat, chuckling among its protruding incisors, while thinking with pleasure of having avoided both ratting and overbooking.
    glad to stop strict diet, splashed in belly flop? Don't care you're not light, here on English hop !
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,639 mod
    I wonder if they will make a film called "Mice on a plane", starring Mickey Mouse instead of Samuel L. Jackson of course.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    Rats notoriously smuggled themselves onto ships in the old days @filauzio. I'm not sure they even existed in many countries until trading ships brought these illegal immigrants who eagerly escaped to colonise, in a way similar to the British maybe, who it could claim an empire where the sun never set.
  • JohnofvillageJohnofvillage Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Hi I can't upload the voice
This discussion has been closed.