Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On this breezy October morn, I walk
in the swift shadows of cloud-cursing rooks,
watching the world wake on the horizon.
Leo Yankevich
All houses wherein men have lived and died
Are haunted houses. Through the open doors
The harmless phantoms on their errands glide,
With feet that make no sound upon the floors.

We meet them at the doorway, on the stair,
Along the passages they come and go,
Impalpable impressions on the air,
A sense of something moving to and fro.
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

would you rather

mshouqamshouqa Posts: 12 ✭✭
Would you rather be able to change the past or see the future?

and tell me why exatly :)

Comments

• takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    @mshouqa

It's hard to tell you the reason exactly, but if I had to choose from the two, I'd choose to have the ability to go back in time and change the past. I may say or do something that might hurt others but having the ability to change the past means I can just say or do something and always go back if I don't like the outcome.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @takafromtokyo @mshouqa

It is very difficult to choice because I am proud about my past, but I think the possibilities of today would make my past very different than they are. So I bask myself with my past and tell a lot about it to my grandchildren. And my wish is too have a long and nice future with a lot of experience.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,524 mod
    I would rather change the past than see the future, but I would be very very careful, so as not to alter the space time continuum.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    I would rather to see the future than to change the past. If you see the future you can organize your past be.
    @mayk let the future be ignorant and live of the time of it now while thinking at the past. You can dreaming of a future, but know your future in advance isn't a good idea.
  • maykmayk Posts: 156 ✭✭
    @Paulette I think so, but in the other hand in reality we can't change the past and we can't see the future. It is a situational idea just in case you have the capability to change one of those situation.
  • truongnguyenptittruongnguyenptit Posts: 4
    How can I comment to other topic?
    @truongnguyenptit welcome on the forum. For other topics you click on a item at categories and all the discussions appear. Then you can choose what you like.
  • OdellinaOdellina Posts: 2
    I would rather be able to change the past. Because many situations would have been better if I hadn't said or done something. But I know this ability is unreal. So I choose to focus on the present.
    edited May 27
    @Odellina very welcome on this forum and I agree with you because there is a quote who says:
    "What happened yesterday is history. (you can't change it). What happens tomorrow is a mystery. (we don't know what can be happen) What we do today makes a difference - the present moment (and if we want, we can do it well)"
  • balubalu Posts: 22 ✭✭
    i would definitely change my past. Because i want to get rid of all my mistakes and then be able to start my life in a new way . :)
  • RaraAvisRaraAvis Posts: 95 ✭✭
    I would rather change the past. Because there were a lot of things I am still regretting up till now. So it would be great to change everything. Though I understand that living in the past isn't an option, because you can't change it anyway. So we need to accept it, make some conclusions and move on. As for the future I guess we all are creating it ourselves, so there is no need to see what it will be. I think it would be uninteresting to live if you knew it.
    edited July 15
    @RaraAvis I agree with you, you can not change the past and there is a quote of Bill Keane where hat I think of every day: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” And I'm glad I can experience the present and I still dream of an unknown future.
    You are very welcome on the forum today and I hope we can discuss about many objects in the future. :)
    Post edited by Paulette on
    @Paulette Thank you. Yes, this quote is absolutely amazing. I'm happy to be here and hope to improve my knowledge and speak with awesome people. :)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 27,501 mod
    @mshouqa I think changing the past will have consequence for the future. Depending on what you change, the future will turn out different. I could be very dangerous. Be very careful what you wish!
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 748 OTT
    @RaraAvis thank you for that comment http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/
    @jackelliot You're welcome! Thank you for sharing the link to your blog. :)
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 748 OTT
    @RaraAvis спасибі, merci, gracias, bedankt, dziekuje