Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

My choice of avatar...

LynneLynne Your TeacherHomePosts: 9,594 mod
Once you are able to add your own avatar, let us know about the image you have chosen.

(If you change your avatar too.)

Mine is a bit boring, but self explanatory.
Tagged:

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynne
    I have changed my avatar into my dog because I love it so much. It is always glad when I come home and its eyes always shine for me.
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25
    I drew a picture of a yellowtail by myself. It's so simple that it can be seen as any other kinds of fish though.
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 6,080 mod
    Nice drawing @Yellowtail. Shouldn't it have a yellow tail?
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 754 OTT
    I am the Puffin

Marvellous thanks to Frank

Bedankt

Thank you Frank

now all can see

I am the Puffin

enjoy the day
  • MichouxeMichouxe Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ;) I have choice my own painted cat in aquarell, but I want change it in the future, because I find it some faint for my avatar. I don't know what, I will see later!
  • prateekprateek Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    My avatar is painting of mine and I want to be what I am. So I have used this avatar on my profile picture. :)
    @Frank
    You're right that the tail should be yellow. But I don't worry about the details!
  • clairclair Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I'm not fond of this black faced, smiling avatar in pink background. I look forward to having more options to choose avatars. I just joined, so am trying to participate in leaving comments while learning what's here in the forum.
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,594 mod
    @clair - You should be able to change your avatar now. (There is a reason for the restriction. Some "new members" can be naughty, and there's only so many naughty pictures I can be bothered to look at.) :disappointed:
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,767 mod
    Paulette said:

@Lynne
    I have changed my avatar into my dog because I love it so much. It is always glad when I come home and its eyes always shine for me.

Your dog is adorable. I bet it is wonderful to go home and see it every day. I have a cat, but she ignores me most of the time, so it just isn't the same!
  • JobricJobric Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hello everybody. Excuse me, but i really do not know how to change my profile avatar. I am a new member and want to improve my english lenguage. Greetings.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6
    @Jobric first you must receive your second star and then you be able to change your avatar.

Take part in different forums and your teacher give you a second star quickly.
    Post edited by Paulette on
  • DeucalionDeucalion Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    I am a curious to discover the world dodgie, playful and friendly, but barking at reptiles.
    Hi @Jobric!
    As far as I know, getting the second star will allow you to change the avatar. And all you need for that is just a few more posting. Good luck!
  • christellechristelle Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My avatar has been created by one of my best friendson LEN. It is my name in arabic and there is a microphone because I love singing.
  • JobricJobric Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi @Paulette and @Yellowtail, thanks for you help. Now i know what should i do!.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭✭
    My avatar is an art which I captured in my mobile camera in one of my solo trip in a festival.
  • gokergoker Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I prefer hang out and work at nights like owls.
    Also i think this animals are interesting and cool.
    I found my avatar on google.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay @goker, you're a night owls. Often owls are depicted as being wise and thoughtful and so I was very curious about which characteristic you'll choose. ^^
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • gokergoker Posts: 66 ✭✭
    @Zom
    Really good question, i liked it.
    I would choose thoughtful. I am very young to be wise but i'm working on it.
    And i didn't see your answer about why did you choose your avatar, why? :)
  • shadi631shadi631 Posts: 5
    I dont know how to change avatar:( help !
    @goker - My avatar is a Shadok and I tend to ID myself to them. ^^
    Hi @shadi631,

You'll be able to do it as soon as you get your second forum star. In the meantime keep commenting. ^^
  • arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    My choise of avatar is a butterfly. I like butterflies, I find them fascinating! When they are caterpillars they struggle for being butterflies and this is very impressive !

You can be born like a caterpillar but if you struggle you can be a butterfly. This is in your hand!
    Everytime I see a butterfly this is what I think and I find courage and endurance.
  • hazel27hazel27 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
    In my avatar is a picture of my cat Milka. Do you believe she turns 18 this year? :p
    She became adult now. You have to find tomcat for her. Invite us when you fixed their marriage :D ;) @hazel27
    I liked your avatar and also the way you explained the things about butterflies. Thumbs up! @arzulita
  • DeniscorrectDeniscorrect Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Finally I put my new avatar. It's a brain. I think any learning connects brain and his parts.
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    I choose my spider plant to be my avatar.I like plants,it teach me patience as @Zom he said.