Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

how did you meet your best friend ?

deyaadeyaa Posts: 14 ✭✭
it started by fighting :smiley:
the first time i met him we got into a fight two of us, we were about 12 years old, we were riding our bike, non of us know the other, i started following him around for a few minutes until he got upset and started shouting, i didn't talk much, i went directly and hit him and we started fight till his sister who were older by far came and beats both of us :lol:
Tagged:

Comments

• GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,307 mod
    I met my best friend in the band that I play in, though we didn't actually talk to each other for about 8 months after I joined. Then we spoke and realised we had lots in common and now we're friends!
  • deyaadeyaa Posts: 14 ✭✭
    yeah, at first you think there is nothing in common at all, when you get to know each other better, you find the opposite :smile:
    same as me and @nidhii ;)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,307 mod
    deyaa said:

yeah, at first you think there is nothing in common at all, when you get to know each other better, you find the opposite :smile:

same as me and @nidhii ;)

Yes, it is so strange now, as it's as though we've known each other our whole lives, and we can tell each other anything. It's without a doubt the best friendship that I have ever had.
  • WirginiaWirginia Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best friend is Ania. I met her at study. We know each other 15 years. We worked together after study for 8 years. Now we have great contact. We can count on ourselves at any time.
  • TheodoraSzueTheodoraSzue Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I don't really call people my best friends anymore... I actually have a few, most lives on the other side of the world from me. But people who I meet in person, who lives in the same city as me, I don't call them best friends anymore out of fear. Because the one best friend, I ever called a best friend, I lost her. I started to have feelings for her but I couldn't get to tell her in time.. And she just passed on last year.