Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• ZerodZerod Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I'm from China, glad to meet you. :#
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    I'm sorry to hear that your family was badly affected by the war @ksz1916>; Even though my mother and grandparents were in Paris during the German occupation, they never really had any bad experiences. Similarly my father, though he saw the Battle of Britain fought in the skies above him, he did not live in London where most of the bombing occurred. But I know from the history books that Poland suffered very badly during those years and after.
  • yying0303yying0303 Posts: 9
    China,too
    So @Zerod and @yying0303, where in China do you come from? Where are you living now?
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,838 mod
    @yying0303 and @Zerod welcome in the discussion group. China is a very big country and I know only from seeing pictures and reading something about China that Peking is the the capital of China and Shangai the biggest city is. Where do you live as one of the more than one billion inhabitants?
  • kevinabkevinab Posts: 29 ✭✭
    HI, i am from India, but I am working in Qatar
    edited October 3
    @kevinab I know the city of Calcutta in India. A Belgian Jesuit, went in 18830 to Calcutta, where he taught the poor, he was also a fighter for human rights.
    He is from the region where I live and he is still honored here and his holiness declaration has been ask to the Pope of Rome...
    Post edited by Paulette on
  • ThistleThistle Posts: 6
    Hey folks, let me introduce you myself even the fact where I am from. The name of the town where I live is Helmstedt. A middle huge town, 100 km east-east-south from Hannover. The state is where I live is Germany and the federal state is called Lower Saxony.
    Hello @Thistle welcome on the forum, I am from Belgium and live near a beautiful city in West-Flanders.
  • MahaaaMahaaa Posts: 4
    Hello,
    i am maha from Egypt :)
  • ZerodZerod Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @mheredge I come from Fujian and living in Hongkong.
    @Paulette Thank you.
  • magicalmagical Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm from France (Paris) and we speak french.
    @magical welcome in this wonderful forum group. I am from Belgium and I love Paris very much, I was there several times, it is a wonderful town.
    @Paulette very glad to hear that. there are lots of travelers who came to India in 19 centuries.
    @Paulette if you dont mind can you describe about belgium. becaus I didnt much hear about Belgium in history classes. may be I was missed. Dont feel bad about my question, I was asked it because If you would reply I can interact with you more. It will help me to learn.
    @magical are you a Parisian? I was being followed by a couple of guys tonight, speaking French with a strong accent. I had to smile and they asked if I spoke French. I asked them if they were Canadians but they were from Montpellier! We had a nice chat about sightseeing in Kathmandu. Two minutes later I met a couple of French ladies about to go trekking. One was from near to Nice where I live when I'm not in Nepal.
    @kevinab dont worry about the knowledge of Belgium, because it is a very small country. It has only 11,500 million habitants with a surface of 30,528 km² and is situated in Western Europe. It is a kingdom and a very important thing, I like it to live there, and my native language is Dutch.
    Maybe one more thing who is very important for visitors: Belgium has the best beer and the best chocolat of the whole world. ;)
    @Paulette Thank you for your reply If you have any queries about India, you can ask
  • arsharsh Posts: 13 ✭✭
    hi @mheredge I am from quetta..
    I had a friend (British) who was born in Quetta in 1909 @arsh! I think he was about five years old when he returned to the UK to be taken care of by his grandparents. His mother and father then moved to a place near Mandelay until 1917. I think they weren't connected with the army, but trade. My friend was very interesting and in 1959, when he retired from the Royal Navy, he became a tour guide for Thomas Cook. Sadly he died in 2006, at the good age of 97.
  • SimiigSimiig Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I'm from Switzerland, even a smaller country than Belgium.
    @Paulette You should try swiss chocolat before you say that ;)
    edited October 5
    @Simiig I was already a few times in Switzerland and I love Toblerone very much and also Milka chocolat. But sometimes you may be chauvinistic about your country! ;)
    Post edited by Paulette on
  • Thomas22Thomas22 Posts: 2
    Hi everebody :) how are you ?
    Im from czech republic. I lived in czech republic all my life. But three months ago i move to the canada (toronto) .
    Have a nice day .
    Peace :blush:
    sorry to hear that may his soul rest in peace.actually Quetta was under British control and after 1935 earthquake most of British army officer's families went back as the city was destroyed due to earthquake..and in 1947 WE JOINED PAKISTAN now quetta is capital of balochistan ( province of pakistan)
    @mheredge sorry to hear that may his soul rest in peace.actually Quetta was under British control and after 1935 earthquake most of British army officer's families went back as the city was destroyed due to earthquake..and in 1947 WE JOINED PAKISTAN now quetta is capital of balochistan ( province of pakistan)
  • Charlotte_jlcCharlotte_jlc Posts: 9
    Hi, I'm from my beautiful Italy.
    @Charlotte_jlc you are right Italy is a very beautiful country. Where do you live in Italy? I read today about a fact in the history about the disaster on October 9 in 1963 with a flood-contro dam in the little village Longarone in the area of ¨Venice.
  • ksch0479ksch0479 Posts: 7
    I'm from Belarus located close to the borders between 5 countries such as Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, Ukraine and Poland.
    Hope, anybody knows where it is :)
    @ksch0479 Isn't Belarus a separate republic that is independent of the Soviet Union since the 1990s.
  • Charlotte_jlcCharlotte_jlc Posts: 9
    @Paulette thank you. I live in Genoa. it's a nice city of Ligury. I also read about that tragedy, evitable as always. It's a sad story.