Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful December

Now, when the garden awaits the return of spring
Now, when the silence is deep and blue
Now, when the winter has cast her spell again
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Here, where the snow is as soft as a woolly lamb
Here, where the nightfall is deep and blue,
Here, where the stars are so bright, you reach for them
Beautiful December, Beautiful December

Child, may you sleep in gentle peace tonight
Dream of songs that rise on silken wings!
When you wake, enchanted by the snowspun light
Sing the songs that came to you in dreams,
Your beautiful December dreams
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,481 mod
    I certainly felt overwhelmed with Auswitz when I visited this place @Ola and @Lexa. I think it is very important to remember what happened in these places but sometimes I despair that humans will ever change and stop committing such atrocities.
  • CatoCato Posts: 8
    I am from Norway, Stavanger
    Welcome to the Forum @Cato. You could be living further north than anyone else here! I guess it must be getting quite cold for you now.
  • jennybabesjennybabes Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I am from The Philippines.

• CatoCato Posts: 8
    This summer was it some few day it didn`t rain. Where i live we got the sun everyday of the year, in north of Norway in Finnmark is the sun gone a half yaer if i am in Finnmark in winter and travel by plane to stavanger it feels like summer.
    I'm in Nepal at the moment and the summer monsoon is still here, with lots of rain at night. Fortunately it is dry during the day but there are lots of puddles everywhere from the rain during the night time.
  • donnysetiadidonnysetiadi Posts: 7
    Hi, I'm from Indonesia.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,838 mod
    Hello @donnysetiadi nice to meet you on this forum. I have never been in Indonesia but I know that nutmeg an important plant is in that country.
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mheredge in Pakistan, the monsoon is over but there was a low rainfall in this year. Happy there was no harm due to this monsoon in the rural areas.
  • Nicola91Nicola91 Posts: 6
    I'm from Rimini, Italy. You'll maybe know it for the sea, he clubs, the tourists... anyway, all this stuff's gonna be a far summer memory soon. Winter's coming! ;)
    I like Rimini @Nicola91 but Rimini has more than the beach and the sea. It is also know for his Tiberius bridge in original roman stones and also the beautiful district of Borgo San Guiliano.
    You've really amazed me @Paulette :) I had never guessed I could find someone here knowing Rimini as well as you do! How many times did you go there? Incidentally, I come from San Giuliano.
    edited September 21
    @Nicola91 unfortunately, I was only once there, a long time ago, when I was much younger but I hope to come back again once.
    I learned to know it because my husband likes the movies of Federico Fellini, and he is born there. We visited on our honeymoon and such a trip you forget it never....
    Post edited by Paulette on
    @Paulette I see... Well, I hope you get around to coming again to Rimini, the city and its neighbourhoods have so much to offer. We've got also some good cooking around ;)
    Bubbly said:

@mheredge in Pakistan, the monsoon is over but there was a low rainfall in this year. Happy there was no harm due to this monsoon in the rural areas.

You are lucky @Bubbly. There has been a lot of flooding in Nepal and some parts of India too. It is still raining. The worst in Kathmandu is the mud everywhere. Yesterday it rained most of the day but I think it's been raining in the night practically every day for the past week or two.
  • aroobaarooba Posts: 53 ✭✭
    HI
    I'm from pakistan
    Hello @arooba, where in Pakistan are you from? @Bubbly is also from there.
  • aroobaarooba Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Karachi
  • CarlCarl Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Hi, everyone! I am Carl from China and currently I live in Shanghai. After a few rainy and cloudy days, it finally gets the sun out. :| A beautiful and pleasant day! :p
    @Carl do you really live in the biggest town of China with the biggest port of the world! Do you know I live in Belgium with an area of 30,500 km2 and only 12 million inhabitants. I saw Shanghai has only an area of 6,340km2 and there live proximaly 23 million people.
    @Paulette Yep, I now live in Shanghai as a student ;) . My hometown is actually located in a small county in Jiangxi Province, a less developed area in China. It seems living in this mega city has made all things easier: more convenient and efficient traffic system, better infrastructures and more various lifestyles. I love here in Shanghai! Have you ever been to Shanghai or anywhere in China?
    @Carl I am never been in China but my son in law who is a chemical engineer visited already twice to a firm in Shanghai. I don't know what firm, I need to ask it him very soon.
    Is it ever quiet it in such a town, when I think about it I only see people walks like ants in the city because there are so many.
    What are you studying? I am a bit curious because I am a retired director and former teacher of a school for nurses.
    @Paulette My major is Civil Engineering and I study structures like bridges for most of the time. :)
    Well, it' s true that for most of the time the city is not quiet and sometimes can get quite noisy and crowdy, especially during holidays like the National Day and International Labor Day, when people from other cities would travel there. If you happen to be at tourist attractions in Shanghai at such a time, I think you will have the most authentic experience of what people walking like ants is truly like. :| But if you pay a visit on a normal day, I think you will be fine and not feel much difference from other big cities (Or may be because I just get accustomed...). Anyway, Shanghai is a relatively new city and everything here changes very fast, mostly in the positive direction. As for me, it's a pleasant place to live in. :p

I hope you can come and see China some day! :D
    @Carl I know Civil Engineering because my husband is a retired Civil construction engineer and my oldest son studied also Civil Construction Engineer too. My husband has an architectural and engineering office who develop big buildings. Now my son is the big boss but my husband still works there.
    So I think you also a very clever mathematician man!
    @Paulette Thank you for your encouragement. You must be a very good teacher! :p
  • ksz1916ksz1916 Posts: 2
    Hi, my name is Kamil. I'm 24. I'm from Warsaw - a capital of Poland. I'm computer science student and warehouse worker.
    Hello @ksz1916 you said "I live in a capital of Poland" I don't know Poland very well, but isn't Warsaw the biggest city of Poland and also the capital of Poland. I was once in Kraków for a remembrance of the war, because there were friends of my parents from Belgium who were deported there.
  • arsharsh Posts: 13 ✭✭
    hello i am from pakistan..
    Hello @arsh, where in Pakistan do you come from?
  • ksz1916ksz1916 Posts: 2
    > @Paulette said:
    > Hello @ksz1916 you said "I live in a capital of Poland" I don't know Poland very well, but isn't Warsaw the biggest city of Poland and also the capital of Poland. I was once in Kraków for a remembrance of the war, because there were friends of my parents from Belgium who were deported there.

Warsaw is the biggest city and also capital of Poland :) My country and primarily my city has been deeply affected by war so thanks for your visit.