Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• rakya345rakya345 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    hi i'm from tunisia <3 did anyone visit it before ?
  • mounamouna Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭
    Hey @rakya345 I'll visit Tunisia next month
  • rakya345rakya345 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    @mouna i hope you will enjoy your visit :*
  • wilidgawilidga Posts: 7
    Hi @Paulette yes, in Guatemala there are many tribes each one of these have their own language and their own clothes very colorfull , there are 21 languages.
    These languages are: Quiché’, Kaqchikel , Mam, Zutuhil are the most commun in Guatemala. those tribes live in the west of the country. The people is very kind and polite.
  • wilidgawilidga Posts: 7
    Hi @mheredge , I was born in Quetzaltenango, and grew up in Guatemala city, I think the lake you know it's Atitlan, it's the most beautiful lake here.
    there are many places here like Tikal, Semuc Champey, El mirador azul, Rio Dulsce, Xela, Antigua Guatemala.

in this link there are some pictures from some places.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicalima/19-lugares-que-tienes-que-visitar-si-viajas-a-guatemala?utm_term=.jiJjLglEm#.ojWJx6zqN

I hope you'll come again.

what about you? where are you from? tell me about your favorite places in your country
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wilidga thanks for the explanation. How can you as a citizen learn the languages or is this language only reserved for the tribe itself. I know they have their own traditions, music, medicins and I think a lot more things.
  • medmansmedmans Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I'm From Tunisia
  • AndrewSotnikovAndrewSotnikov Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Hi to everyone! I am from Ukraine (Kyiv).
    @AndrewSotnikov Nice to see you there,Hello from Algeria.
  • AndrewSotnikovAndrewSotnikov Posts: 55 ✭✭
    @mouna , thanks! Is weather warm in Algeria now? There is so cold here last three days, +12 C. Brrrrr
    It's so hot it's scorching here.you're welcome
  • ShanShan Posts: 5
    Hello friends I'm from Pakistan.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    I'm sure that it is just a matter of time @rilex, when Serbia will be in the European Union.
  • OlaOla Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Hi! I'm from Poland, exactly I live in Warsaw, but not in a town centre. I live in a silent, green district of my city.
    Hello @Ola nice to meet you on the forum. I am never been in Warsaw but I was once in Krakow to visit the concentration camp Auschwitz because a lot of Belgian friends and family of my parents were deported to there.
    I also know the Polish composer and pianist Frédéric Chopin.
  • enesenes Posts: 36 ✭✭
    ı m from turkey.not the animal one
    @enes welcome to the forum, I never visited the country Turkey but I visited once an animal turkey farm and there was a lot of noise there. I think Turkey as country is more quiet. I like its beatiful beaches with the blue sea. At the moment I am following the decisions if Turkey may or may not join the European community.
    @Paulette ı really don t care what will happen in future about political vision
    @Paulette but turkey is lovely places for everyone who wants to see all about nature and history
    @enes I think it is a problem of both as well from Turkey as from a lot of others communities, there is always something that constitutes an obstacle.
    @Paulette its all about politics ı think we have capable of of joining EU but political leaders of turkey make situation into hard
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    It's complicated @enes. Many areas of Turkey are so very poor too, so the EU is wary of taking on such a large country that's also poor. But politics aside, one day I'm sure that Turkey will join the EU.
  • Hi i'm from Turkey and i live in Ankara which is capital of Turkey
    Hello @mehmetbozkurt97 welcome to the forum, you are from Turkey, the country of the pianist and composer Frédéric Chopin. He was a great man and his music is still alive.
  • Thank you @Paulette but he is from poland not Turkey :)
    @mehmetbozkurt97 thank you for the correction, I was really distracted to write that Chopin was from Turkey. I was togethet with one of my granddaughters searching for famous pianists and composers ( a task foor her school) and on my list was also Fazil Say of Turkey. I wrote the wrong name.
  • LexaLexa Posts: 4
    Hi there. I'm from Belarus. I've been living in Russia, Moscow more then 10 years though.
    @Paulette Auschwitz was a horrible place. I still haven't been there, but I feel I have to. People say that there you can feel the tragedy of this people who was there.
  • LexaLexa Posts: 4
    I like Krakow, it is one of my favourite places. I've been to Oświęcim two times. First time I was alone there, second time with my family. It is really overwhelming place.
    @Lexa I think you use the right word "overwhelming". I was in a other concentration camps and there was the same feeling.