Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Baho26 what can be better than a cup of Java coffe with a piece of delicious Belgian chocolate? :p
  • Baho26Baho26 Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Both are tasty. But when you have moody mood, you need chocolate to ameliorate your mood. Java coffee has good flavor. Coffee chocolate JABEL :D
    @Paulette Both are tasty. But when you have moody mood, you need chocolate to ameliorate your mood. Java coffee has good flavor. Coffee chocolate JABEL :D it's the 3rd times i forgot to mention, then copied again. Lol
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    > @Ninna said:
    > @KA1
    > Nowadays, I think there are things more important than that, I just wanted to mention something positive about my city. Unhappily, there are a lot of things to change here as the rubbish on the streets.
    > :(

I haven't heard about rubbish in the streeets.

There are negatives everywhere. Some places have more positives than negatives & some places are the other way around.
  • lekhasylekhasy Posts: 5
    I'm from Viet Nam
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    @Baho26 I was glad of a nice mug of hot chocolate yesterday. It was cold and raining outside.
    @mheredge a mug of hot chocolate would make you feel warm and relax when feeling cold. I'm glad to see you here teacher mheredge :) nice to meet you.
    It's curious how only five days before the last thing on my mind would have hot chocolate @Baho26. It was hot and sunny so a nice cold beer was much more appropriate.
    @mheredge lol. You can drink a cup of hot chocolate in summer session. It would make you feel relaxed and happier even when you got extreme weather. Chocolate contains theobromine. That will make good mood :D
    @Baho26 and @mheredge I visited tody a chocolate factory ' Callebout' and I could tasted the delicious chocolate. And at the moment I still have a fantastic feeling.
    @Paulette omg. You made me starving :hushed: can you share your feelings to us? Lol
  • ChamCham Posts: 15 ✭✭
    hello everyone,
    I'm from Brazil the country of futebol, perhaps many people think and be proud that it here, but I do not. In my opinion Brazil is a beautiful place, there are wonderful beaches, interesting peoples and delisolsa foods. I think the traditional foods(pamonha, feijoada, brigadeiro,etc) is the better than all the things there are here.
    @Cham you are right Brazil is certainly much more than soccer ball. The nature, the culture and especially its traditional foods are much more interesting. Tell us more about the city where you live.
  • ChamCham Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Yes of couse @Paulette,

Goiânia is in the meddle of Brazil, it's near to Brasilia the capital of Brazil. Goiânia has the reputation of being de capital of country music in Brazil and also it is the most wooded city in South Amarica.
    Goiânia is huge city, there are many awesome parks here, actually, I don't konw a lot what I talk about it. in short, it's a simple city.
    @Cham I did watch a game of village football in Brazil and was impressed at how elegant and skilled the players were. So your football reputation is not without reason.
  • rouka345rouka345 Posts: 7
    hello i'm from tunisia :D it's a wonderful country <3
    Hello @rouka345 welcome to the forum.
    I have never been to Tunisia but I followed the Jasmine Revolution in 2011 with the fall of the didactorial regime.
    Is Tunisia now a true democracy or is there still much influence from the didactorial regime?
  • rouka345rouka345 Posts: 7
    @Paulette thank you :)
    I think that tunisia is not a true democracy country yet but there's many changes after this great revolution like the freedom of expression :D
  • wilidgawilidga Posts: 7
    Hi all, I 'am from Guatemala.
  • fcandeiasfcandeias Posts: 1
    I am from Brazil
  • AdnAdn Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, I'm from India. Living in a metro city Pune, with my mom.
    Hello @wilidga welcome on the forum. What I know about Guatemala is only a bit about the history of the Mayans. But there are so many tribes of the Mayans and each tribe has its own language and habits. Maybe you can tell us more about this.
    @fcandeias welcome on the forum. Brazil is a very big country, it is the fifth largest country in the world with as inhabitants many Indians. I like especially the coffee, who is very strong..
    @Adn welcome on this fantastic forum. I know India from mother Teresa, a catholic nun, who lived in Calcutta and took care of the people in the slums.
    A very beautiful example of architectureis the Taj Mahal, the white marble mausoleum.
    @wilidga where in Guatemala are you from? I visited some years ago. I remember a beautiful place near a lake. Our tour was quite short but we visited many beautiful places.
  • rakya345rakya345 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    i'm from tunisia the wonderful country :)
  • rilexrilex Posts: 4
    Hi Im from Serbia
    @rilex welcome on the forum, I hope to meet you many times in different discussions. So you can participate in the discussion 'What do you think about the village or the town where you live' between the category 'Cultur, Customs, Traditions and Celebrations'. I am very interested in Serbia. The only thing I know about it is the beautiful magical river 'The Donau' and of course the famous tennis player, Novak Đoković.
  • rilexrilex Posts: 4
    Thanks you very much. I`m from Serbia and I live in a village. Serbia is a nice county but I think Belgian is bether. Whatewer Serbih has a big potencial obout agrycultural but we are`nt jet in EU.
    I am now retired, but still active and growing raspberries.
    @rilex I am really glad to meet another retired person. Do you cultivate raspberries? I like this fruit very much. If I make a cake then I always try to decorate with this fruit. And one of my granddaughters has this taste of me adopted. Last week we were on a trip together and both we ate a fruit cup with raspberries.
    I am a retired teacher and former principal of a school for nurses.