Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• AyaAndalosAyaAndalos Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Hi @Zom
    I am a bit lost actually trying to find a way to start, but I like the forum a lot.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AyaAndalos take part in a category example in recent discussions and someone give you certainly a response. I wish you a good start.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @AyaAndalos - Liking the forum is a really good start.

Enjoy participating, commenting and getting to know other members here. Then when you feel comfortable enough, you might like to try the other activities on offer.

Take it easy and go at you own pace. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. ^^
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • Conti92Conti92 Posts: 5
    I'm from Poland.It's beautifull country which has access to the sea and moutains. :)
    Hello @Conti92 yes Poland is a wonderful country of nature. I came there, a long time ago when I was much younger and I visited then also Auschwich because there died a lot of Belgian friends of my parents. They were taken from the Dossinkazerne Mechelen in Belgium to this concentration camp to never return. It was a very emotional visit, but I am glad I did it.
  • Conti92Conti92 Posts: 5
    Actually I live in Poland all my life but I have never been in Auschwitz. I live in northern part of Poland and there are a lot of things to visit, think about history. In future I'm sure I will visit Auschwitz.
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    @Conti92 Auschwitz is a fairly shocking experience but if you want to visit, it is not too far from Krakow. If you're visiting this beautiful city, it should not be too difficult to fit it in.
  • FabriziottoFabriziotto Posts: 2
    I'm from Italy, exactly Legnano, near Milan, is a middle town famous for the battle of Legnano in middle age (lega lombarda against Federico red barb.) bye Fabrizio
    @Fabriziotto than you know also the opera 'La battaglia di Legnano' made in 1849 from the Italian composer of different opera's, Giuseppe Verdi. It is a great master.
  • bogdan10bogdan10 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I'm from Ploiesti, Romania. It's hot out here in the summer, and there is plenty of snow also in the winter. My city is known for oil industry and a team that played in numerous european football competitions, called Petrolul Ploiesti.
  • NnoitoraGNnoitoraG Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I had been living in East Ukraine until 2014, but now I live in some unusual and really unstable part of country that called DPR. Basically, it's a self-proclaimed republic that has ukrainian and russian mixed cultures. If more precisely, I'm from Torez, a little mining town.
  • KiddenKidden Posts: 3
    I'm from Ukraine, rather from Kirovograd, it's the central region of Ukraine)
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    I visited Romania last year @bogdan10 and loved it, but I never made it to Ploiesti. Maybe another time. A good friend has just moved to Bucharest and I will visit her when she's settled in.

I never managed to get as far as Ukraine, though I have been to Transnistra which is between Moldavia and Ukraine. I was interested to visit Crimea as a tourist but have put this on hold for the time being @NnoitoraG and @Kidden.
  • KiddenKidden Posts: 3
    > @mheredge said:
    > I visited Romania last year @bogdan10 and loved it, but I never made it to Ploiesti. Maybe another time. A good friend has just moved to Bucharest and I will visit her when she's settled in.
    >
    > I never managed to get as far as Ukraine, though I have been to Transnistra which is between Moldavia and Ukraine. I was interested to visit Crimea as a tourist but have put this on hold for the time being @NnoitoraG and @Kidden.

Crimea it's not Ukraine now, but if you still want to visit Ukraine, I recommend you visit Carpathian mountains. This is the best place to visit in Ukraine) I think so :smile:
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I am from Sydney, Australia
  • NinnaNinna Posts: 64 ✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands

I live in Brazil. Exactly, Goiânia - the most forested city in the country and the second in the world. The capital of Goiás only loses to Edmonton, Canada. It's fabulous, isn't it?
    &;)
    @Ninna that is a fantastic place because if I'm right, you live close to the Bosque dos Buritis where the Monument for the World Peace is, that is designed by Siron Franco. This monument features a 7 meter high glass ampoule where the earth from more than 50 countries in the world has been collected. I have read that every year, on the World Environment Day, earth is being poured from a new country.
    @Paulette
    Thanks for that!
    Kisses in your heart!
    ^^
  • pezhmanpezhman Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I,m from Isfahan. this city locate in the center of Iran. one river stream through my town. we see a lot of tourist everyday in this city and try to improve our English language as a student.
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 91 ✭✭
    @Ninna that's very interesting about being in the most forested city in Brazil. I bet you love it.
  • Baho26Baho26 Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I'm from indonesia which is located in Asia continent. Indonesia has so many interesting places and cultures and natural places. If you've ever heard about Bali (most of tourists call as paradise), you would be familiar with my country.
    @KA1
    Nowadays, I think there are things more important than that, I just wanted to mention something positive about my city. Unhappily, there are a lot of things to change here as the rubbish on the streets.
    :(
    @Baho26 I know Indonesia as a country with its big volcanoes what it's makes as a country with a great biodiversity and a beautiful variabel nature and I know also Java for its coffee plantages.
    @Paulette i guess you ever been to my country, you seem familiar with my country. All you said are true. Indonesia has volcanoes, beaches, lakes, nature, and java famous with coffee plantages.
    @Baho26 I wasn't ever in Indonesia but I love geography and I was a former teacher and the principal of a school for nurses and once there was a Indonesian student and he could tell fantasticstories tell about his country ( he was from Java and I could also taste the wonderful real coffee of Java)
    Cool. At least you ever tasted the coffee of java and know my country inspite of geography.anyway you from the Netherlands right? It's one of my fave countries.
    @Paulette Cool. At least you ever tasted the coffee of java and know my country inspite of geography.anyway you from the Netherlands right? It's one of my fave countries.
    @Baho26 I am from Belgium and my native language is also Dutch ( Belgium is the neighbour of the Netherlands). Belgium is a small country and I live near the North sea at the countryside near a Flemisch town.
    Oh sorry. I just saw your native language is Dutch. In addition Belgium also use French and German language. As i known, Belgium is famous with its chocolate makers. The chocolates are so good and tasty. One of Indonesian ice cream manufactures using Belgian chocolates as the raw material of ice cream.
    @Paulette Oh sorry. I just saw your native language is Dutch. In addition Belgium also use French and German language. As i known, Belgium is famous with its chocolate makers. The chocolates are so good and tasty. One of Indonesian ice cream manufactures using Belgian chocolates as the raw material of ice cream.