Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Where are you from?

Comments

• AndikaAndika Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited June 25
    @mheredge thanks :) there are so much beautiful landscape, i was born in middle of Java, but now i'm living in Jakarta, what was your plan to visit East Java?
  • mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,110 mod
    I visited for five days with my Singaporean friends on a tour of your magnificent temples @Andika. I then stayed an extra couple of days with a friend to visit Mount Bromo. I spent a couple of days in Ubud in Balintore before continuing to Australia. I never saw anything of Jakarta.
  • LanaLana Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @Paulette, @mheredge Once upon a time there was Yugoslavia...It was big and powerful country and, of course communist. Today, situation is completely different. Yugoslavia doesen't exist any more. Yugoslavia broke up into a few countries and one of them is Serbia, where I live. Belgrade is beautiful city and every foreigner who comes to our country be impressed.
  • PaulettePaulette Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lana, indeed the history of Serbia is very complicated its borders changed many times and I believe Serbia has eight neigbor countries.
    I certainly was impressed by the whole region @Lana.

I'm visiting Toulouse, in the southwest of France. I love staying in hostels because there you can meet people from all over the world. Sitting next to me is a Japanese boy who was both in Osaka (@Shiny03), then last night I shared a dorm with a French girl from the north who had been attending a course for supervising children at summer camps, a young Italian from Piedmont who's hiking the Compostella pilgrimage route, and a Turkish guy from Normandy taking an exam. There a funny Spanish guy here too who plays the piano (badly) but it's still nice.
  • YuliaYulia Posts: 50 ✭✭
    HI everybody. I'm from Russia.
    @Yulia welcome on the forum. Where do you live in Russia, in a big city or more rural?
  • arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    @Andika I am from Greece but now I live in Turkey because of my education.
  • YuliaYulia Posts: 50 ✭✭
    @Paulette I live in a village. To the nearest city it's two hours by car :)
  • ridorridor Posts: 25 ✭✭
    question for everybody:
    Do you prefer to live in country(village) or city?
    @rigor you can tell about it on this forum on the category 'Culture, customs, traditions and celebrations' under the title "What do you think of the village, town or city where you live?"
    @mheredge feel free to come back again, and i hope you could visit my home i will serve you tea and foods or cakes haha :)
    @arzulita ,oh i see... I wish you to get the best result of your education ya.. Amen;)
  • arzulitaarzulita Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    @Andika thank you for your good wishes :)
    Ah @Andika that would be very nice. Watch out, one day I might take you up on your very kind offer!
    Haha @mheredge okay, i'll be waiting for it
  • sarahsarah Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hello everybody, I am from algeria, I live in The Netherlands :)
    Welcome to the Forum @sarah. Do you speak Dutch?
  • jackelliotjackelliot Posts: 755 OTT
    @sarah A wonder to read your nice words

I am from Scotland
    http://jackelliot.over-blog.com/
    little bit of dutch, I 'm learning the both of languages : English and Dutch , and sometimes I mix them in one sentence lol
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    Do you call that Dutchlish or Engutch @sarah?
    @Lynne I call it sometimes :smile: make me understandable as possible :D :D :D
    thats because I always translate in my head, not good at all. I have to start thinking in one language when I speak ;)
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,585 mod
    It comes with practise, but you need to be committed to practising both languages. My poor French was forced out by German.
  • GVIJAY56GVIJAY56 Posts: 1
    I AM FROM INDIA
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GVIJAY56,

Welcometo the forum.

Myself I'm from France. Actually there are people from all around the world, but I think that there aremore Indians than French members. It seems like the French are not so willing to learn English. Bugger! ;)

By the way, we don'twrite messages using only capital letters. It looks like you are shouting if you write eveything using capital letters only.

Anayway, have a great time in the forum. ANd if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
    The French in the Cote d'Azur are busy learning French @Zom! Sacre bleu!! To run away from English-speakers I have to escape to Cuneo just over the border in Italy where locals only seem to speak Italian or French.
  • ZomZom Shadok Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Your lapsus makes me think otherwise @mheredge. ^^
    It befits a man to be merry and glad
    Until the day of his death.
  • EssalineEssaline Posts: 1
    Hello Im come from Indonesia
    Excpecially there call we have a heaven of the wold
    Please join contact of my Skype
    +6285886979510
    To Know each other and practice Language
    We've make it

Thanks a lot