Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer.

Helen Hunt Jackson - September
The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.

John Updike, September
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Is take caring of tenses is important while speaking English?

I'm an absolute beginner of English speaking so I want to know while speaking English "Is it important to take care of tenses?" Because when you speak English in front of anyone it doesn't matter whether he/she speaking correctly or not.In my point of view instead of this, we have to take care of that the person to whom are you talking to understands you or not that what are you trying to say?

Please share your views on this topic.It'll very helpful for everyone.

Comments

• LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,477 mod
    There are times mistakes don't matter too much, and times when they do.

If you phone the police: Was someone robbed? Are you being robbed? Have you been robbed? Do you think you're going to be robbed?

If you are giving a presentation: Are you launching a product? Are you going to launch a product? Have you already launched it? When did you launch it?

You get the idea.
  • mdshamsadmdshamsad Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I don't think tenses is matter while speaking @Krishna_Vishwakarma
    Main thing to make understand to the whom you are speaking. you can also use body language to express your thought.
    But in writing purpose tenses is important
  • nishantnishant Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I don't think so that knowledge of tenses is essential while speaking english.but yes,knowleage of it, is good for better understanding for beginners who really want to know how have to starts to learn english.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭
    nishant wrote: »
    I don't think so that knowledge of tenses is essential while speaking english.but yes,knowleage of it, is good for better understanding for beginners who really want to know how have to starts to learn english.

You are doing great @nishant . Just keep the ball rolling and in no time you will be in our LESC Skype group.
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭
    Tense and grammar is important but it's bit messy for beginners to start with tenses. But you can't ignore tense for the sake of good English after some time.
    But while speaking, its not matter how do you use tenses.just use proper words and phrases to express what you want to say, properly.
    I think to improve your speaking you have to stop thinking about the grammar and rules , you have learned. The grammar rules have helped you learn how to write better, but they are not helping you to speak better. In fact, these grammar rules are stopping you from speaking fluently because you are thinking too much about which words to say and what tense to .When you use grammar rules to speak, it’s like trying to solve a difficult math equation in your mind.i think so.
  • SairaSaira Posts: 846 ✭✭✭
    Tenses play a significant role in constructing a meaningful sentence, It shows the time of an action, present, past and future.