Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is wind where the rose was,
Cold rain where sweet grass was,
And clouds like sheep
Stream o'er the steep
Grey skies where the lark was.

Nought warm where your hand was,
Nought gold where your hair was,
But phantom, forlorn,
Beneath the thorn,
Your ghost where your face was.

Cold wind where your voice was,
Tears, tears where my heart was,
And ever with me,
Child, ever with me,
Silence where hope was.

November by Walter de la Mare
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What do you do to relax?

GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands ModeratorPosts: 5,727 mod
At the end of the working week, what do you like to do to relax?

Personally, I like to read a good book, watch some television, or go to meet up with my friends. I like having two days where I don't have to worry about anything to do with work - it feels good!

What about you? What do you do to relax?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Teacher Here and therePosts: 28,080 mod
    Reading a book is my favourite way to relax or watching a movie.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 5,727 mod
    mheredge said:

Reading a book is my favourite way to relax or watching a movie.

I love being able to curl up on a really comfy sofa to be able to read my book. I can't get into it properly if I'm not completely comfortable.
  • Manar_ELSaeedManar_ELSaeed Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Coloring specially mandalas is the most thing makes me feeling relax .

Coloring specially mandalas is the most thing makes me feeling relax .

Adult colouring is very popular in England at the moment, because people love how relaxed it can make them feel. I really enjoy colouring, and have lots of books with different patterns.
  • TheodoraSzueTheodoraSzue Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I watch YouTube videos and sometimes be on call with some friends. It doesn't exactly completely relaxes me, but it keeps me going and the anxieties at bay...

I watch YouTube videos and sometimes be on call with some friends. It doesn't exactly completely relaxes me, but it keeps me going and the anxieties at bay...

I think it is good to watch YouTube when you are feeling anxious, as it can help to take your mind off it and give you something funny to watch.
  • soupmantrasoupmantra Posts: 298 ✭✭
    I like watching a movie or playing some games for like 15 to 20 minutes.

I like watching a movie or playing some games for like 15 to 20 minutes.

Why do you only play games for such a short amount of time? Can you get much done playing a game for this long?
  • momochanmomochan Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Hello @GemmaRowlands I like to spend my time in nature with my family on weekends. My daughter is interested in fishing so I took up fishing for the first time in a long time. I talk with my wife and daughter a lot while fishing. After fishing, we usually have walking trails while talking. These are my favorite relaxing ways to spend my time on weekends.
    momochan said:

Hello @GemmaRowlands I like to spend my time in nature with my family on weekends. My daughter is interested in fishing so I took up fishing for the first time in a long time. I talk with my wife and daughter a lot while fishing. After fishing, we usually have walking trails while talking. These are my favorite relaxing ways to spend my time on weekends.

I have never tried fishing, but I would love to. I imagine it would be incredibly relaxing to just be able to sit there without a care in the world and enjoy the activity.
  • LKBOOMLKBOOM Posts: 12 ✭✭
    When I feel stress, I'll see the clouds to relax, looking through the blue sky and white clouds that was so beautifu, and that calm me down.
  • ShinAKZShinAKZ Posts: 7
    Read a book, play video games, watch movies, YouTube videos, I got many things to do to relax. But sometimes, I will just forget all the work and lie on the bed and listen the relaxing music. That is the only time I can really relax myself, so i very enjoy it.
    LKBOOM said:

When I feel stress, I'll see the clouds to relax, looking through the blue sky and white clouds that was so beautifu, and that calm me down.

Yes, it is great to just be able to sit back and look up at the sky. If I get some spare time later I might do that myself, as the weather is lovely here at the moment.
  • WeiJieWeiJie Posts: 12 Inactive
    When i was tired , i open my laptop and play some games and also watching some comedy video such as Mr.Bean it can help me to recover.
    WeiJie said:

When i was tired , i open my laptop and play some games and also watching some comedy video such as Mr.Bean it can help me to recover.

It's good to watch funny videos when you're tired. It's a good way to relax at the end of a hard day, and I did that myself yesterday because I had been decorating all weekend!
    I find doing Sukuko puzzles incredibly relaxing and I never mind how long I have to wait if I have a puzzle to do.
    mheredge said:

I find doing Sukuko puzzles incredibly relaxing and I never mind how long I have to wait if I have a puzzle to do.

I love doing those, too. I bought a whole book of them but they're a bit difficult so I find them frustrating.. I need a book where they're a little bit easier!
  • renanwillamyrenanwillamy Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    I like to watch some series and play video game to relax.

I like to watch some series and play video game to relax.

It's always good to be able to get into a really good TV series, as it lets you forget about everything else and just focus on that alone.
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 819 ✭✭✭✭
    I like to talk with different people
    nidhii said:

Do you mean talk to different people who you have never met before, or just chat to people who you already know?
    Me too @nidhii. I find people are always so interesting to chat with.

Do you mean talk to different people who you have never met before, or just chat to people who you already know?

Both, People whom I know and to whom I never met.Forum Members something like that
    I was very hot travelling today so I wasn't in the mood to chat with anyone @nidhii.
    mheredge wrote: »
    I was very hot travelling today so I wasn't in the mood to chat with anyone @nidhii.

Yeah Agree weather effects our Mood
    I was a bit tired and grumpy yesterday from the heat @nidhii. Though today is just as warm, the bus journey was much easier as there's a festival today and I think most people stayed at home. There was not much traffic. I'm looking forward to Dashain in Kathmandu because it will be very quiet.
    I was a bit tired and grumpy yesterday from the heat @nidhii. Though today is just as warm, the bus journey was much easier as there's a festival today and I think most people stayed at home. There was not much traffic. I'm looking forward to Dashain in Kathmandu because it will be very quiet.

I can guess you enjoy natural beauty and calmness
    nidhii said:

Both, People whom I know and to whom I never met.Forum Members something like that

Ah right okay. I think it's good to chat to lots of people, as you can learn a lot about other countries and cultures. I know I have learned a lot on this website!
    @nidhii I woke up early after a good night's sleep and had a coffee in bed. By the time I got up I was in a very good mood!
    @nidhii I woke up early after a good night's sleep and had a coffee in bed. By the time I got up I was in a very good mood!

I wish you to continue to have that good mood with a mind blowing coffee