Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

What are your new year's resolutions?

A lot of people make resolutions at this time of year, as a way of deciding what they would like to do better in the year to come. If this is something that you do in your culture, what have you decided to change?

I have decided that I would like to exercise more in order to become healthier and try to lose weight.

What about you? What are your resolutions like this year?

Comments

  • anjalianjali Posts: 3
    My resolution in this year.. I will learn how to speak fluent English and I will make myself more successful.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,244 mod
    I never make new year's resolutions as I know I'll never stick to them. :)
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,487 mod
    mheredge said:

    I never make new year's resolutions as I know I'll never stick to them. :)

    I think that is true for a lot of people. But for others, the "new year, new start" mantra really does provide the motivation that they need!
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,244 mod
    My problem is that I seem to see too many new years @GemmaRowlands. I'm only sorry I'll be missing Tet, the Vietnam new year in a week or so. I should be in Kathmandu for Losar, the Tibetan new year(there are about three in Nepal all withing a few weeks of each other). The official Nepali new year is in mid April. Needless to say they celebrate 1 January too.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,487 mod
    mheredge said:

    My problem is that I seem to see too many new years @GemmaRowlands. I'm only sorry I'll be missing Tet, the Vietnam new year in a week or so. I should be in Kathmandu for Losar, the Tibetan new year(there are about three in Nepal all withing a few weeks of each other). The official Nepali new year is in mid April. Needless to say they celebrate 1 January too.

    I would love to see what new year celebrations are like in other countries. I have only ever been here, at home, for new year.
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 25,244 mod
    I think there is not a huge difference @GemmaRowlands. Families and friends get together for a meal or party to see in the new year. Fireworks sometimes feature too, though maybe this depends on the town as I don't think private individuals typically go in for this like on Guy Fawkes night in the UK.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,487 mod
    mheredge said:

    I think there is not a huge difference @GemmaRowlands. Families and friends get together for a meal or party to see in the new year. Fireworks sometimes feature too, though maybe this depends on the town as I don't think private individuals typically go in for this like on Guy Fawkes night in the UK.

    I think fireworks are more popular than ever in the UK at the moment, and lots of people choose to use them for many things, not just the traditional celebrations like it would have been in the past.
  • mons4991mons4991 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    My resolution was to not eat sweets. But i broke it after one week.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 4,487 mod
    mons4991 said:

    My resolution was to not eat sweets. But i broke it after one week.

    I think a lot of people break their resolutions in the end. But at least you managed to keep it for a week, which is better than nothing!
Sign In or Register to comment.