Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 88

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler TeacherPosts: 1,991 mod
Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

ransom

emerald

socks

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 1,991 mod
    I had to pay for my ransomed socks with my emerald engagement ring.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 29,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The Emerald company has to pay a huge ransom to the journalists for the secret documents about their defected socks.
    ---------------------------------
    The Emerald company has to pay a huge ransom to the journalists for the secret documents about their defective socks. (Though I LOVE the idea of socks defecting! Perhaps that's where they all go to!!)
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
    I lost my socks, emerald ring and other stuff whilst running away from a kidnap scene where the kidnappers demanded a huge ransom for the return of a pet dog.
    edited December 2016
    The kidnapper who was wearing emerald coloured socks demanded a huge ransom for the immediate release of a kidnapped boy. :) :)

--------------------------------
    The kidnapper, who was wearing emerald coloured socks, demanded a huge ransom for the immediate release of a kidnapped boy.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭
    The kidnappers with emerald socks on their head held Goldilocks for ransom.
  • Shiny03Shiny03 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Would Shrek pay a ransom of golden socks for his emerald skin?
    ------------------------
    Would Shrek pay a ransom of golden socks to the kidnappers of his emerald skin?
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather pay a huge ransom for my emerald socks, than leave them to the kidnappers @Shiny03
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 4,972 mod
    edited January 1
    On New Years Eve I've been drinking: Ransom 'The Emerald 1865' Straight American Whiskey, wearing my whiskey socks.

Post edited by Frank on
    edited January 1
    I paid the ransom with the emeralds I'd kept in my old socks.
    I recognised the kidnapper who'd asked for emeralds as a ransom, because he was wearing two different socks.

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,498 mod
    The ransom was to be paid in emeralds tied in a green sock and left in a trash can at a specified place and time.
  • ThijnThijn Posts: 12
    I took a ransom to buy people out of the jail with emerald socks
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,498 mod
    I love your emerald coloured socks @Bubbly. I hope you didn't need to pay a ransom for them.
    @mheredge I still couldn't find the emerald coloured socks in my wardrobe. I think someone really wants me to pay a ransom for them. ;)