Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Do you get time off work over the holiday season?

At the moment, I'm counting down the days until I finish for my Christmas break. Just 3.5 working days to go, and I can't wait, as I am then off for two weeks.

But it has made me think.

How long do you get off work over the festive period, if anything at all of course.

What do you plan to do with your extra time off?

Comments

• mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 23,498 mod
    Lynne is taking three days off over Christmas @GemmaRowlands. This means there will be no Skype sessions over these three days.

For me since Christmas is all a load of humbug, I won't do anything different to any other day. :)
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I envy people in Western countries for Christmas holidays. Many of us have only from new year's eve to the third day of new year.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,647 mod

I envy people in Western countries for Christmas holidays. Many of us have only from new year's eve to the third day of new year.

I think most people in the UK are back in work on January 3rd this year, too, because of the way the dates fall.
  • YellowtailYellowtail Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    @GemmaRowlands
    I see. You let me notice that the January 3rd is not holiday in many countries, unlike Japan. I think Asian countries put more emphasis on new year holidays, instead of Christmas. Especially in China, I heard, they have long new year holidays from the end of January to the beginning of February, based on their traditional calender.
  • GemmaRowlandsGemmaRowlands Moderator Posts: 3,647 mod

@GemmaRowlands

I see. You let me notice that the January 3rd is not holiday in many countries, unlike Japan. I think Asian countries put more emphasis on new year holidays, instead of Christmas. Especially in China, I heard, they have long new year holidays from the end of January to the beginning of February, based on their traditional calender.

Yes, everyone here is back in work on January 3rd! Not much time off at all. But I get two weeks personally because I'm self-employed, so I'm looking forward to that!