Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Take 3 words Game 87

amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler TeacherPosts: 2,148 mod
edited December 2016 in Take 3 Words
Use the 3 words given in ONE sentence. It's not easy, but it is fun! And you'll get a bonus correction to boot!

faint

newspaper

exile

Comments

• amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,148 mod
    I nearly fainted when I read in the newspaper that I had been exiled from the LEN!
  • takafromtokyotakafromtokyo Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @amatsuscribbler

I picked up an old newspaper from the floor in the cabin; the fainted letters told me the long exile the lost boat had gone through.

----------------------

I picked up an old newspaper from the floor pf the cabin; the faint letters told me about the long exile the lost boat had gone through.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • zaiymurszaiymurs Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The News Straits Times newspaper reported,100 of people's has been shocked and fainted after they were knew a groups of the criminals has been exiled on their province.

----------------

The News Straits Times newspaper reported that 100s of people had been so shocked they had fainted when they found out that a group of criminals had been exiled to their province.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    edited December 2016
    I was been exiled in a creepy island and fell fainted after seeing lots of chickens was reading newspaper.

--------------------

I had been exiled to a creepy island and fainted after seeing lots of chickens reading newspapers.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    Yeay, i like correction and i love bonus correction.
  • RemaRema Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Whilst reading a newspaper she found out that her really good childhood friend had been exiled, immediately started to sobbing which caused her to fell into a faint.

-----------------

On reading in a newspaper that her really good childhood friend had been exiled, she immediately sobbing which caused her to fall into a faint.
    Post edited by Lynne on
  • JoaoCunhaJoaoCunha Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    To be exiled to a person is the same as for a newspaper to have its letters fainted

-----------------

To a person, being exiled is the same feeling as for a newspaper on finding its letters are too faint to read.
    Post edited by Lynne on
    @JoaoCunha
    Happy to see you again! You've started exploring the site. That's excellent! Keep posting!

By the way, do you take a paper newspaper or do you read news on line?
  • JoaoCunhaJoaoCunha Posts: 12 ✭✭
    @takafromtokyo Actually I use both paper and online. I read newspaper when I seat down with some friends on a coffee shop that we used to be and online during the day to keep me informed about my football club (normally) or other news that I got interest that day in specific.
    @JoaoCunha
    Hi, I wasn't expecting you to reply so quickly. Isn't it almost midnight around your place?
  • LynneLynne Your Teacher HomePosts: 9,069 mod
    According to the newspaper, even in the darkness of exile the faint hope of reconciliation did not die.
    @Lynne
    Thanks for your corrections!
  • torelliptorellip Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    While she was reading a newspaper, she glimpsed a faint and pale image on the mirror next to the sofa. She suddenly stood up, the newspaper fell down and she saw her father who was exiled 20 years before. She couldn't hold back tears of happyness.
    -------------------------------
    @torellip - you need to use the words in ONE sentence. But I like it- the beginning of a good story!

While she was reading a newspaper, she glimpsed a faint and pale image on the mirror next to the sofa. She stood up suddenly, the newspaper fell and she saw her father who had been exiled 20 years before. She couldn't hold back tears of happiness.
    Post edited by amatsuscribbler on
  • FrankFrank Moderator Posts: 5,707 mod
    It's strange that we get this word combination whilst I just read in the newspaper about team EXILE competing team FAINT.
    I have a faint inkling that the newspaper wasn't right about @amatsuscribbler being exiled from the LEN.
    The newspaper announced that Hillary Clinton almost fainted at the 9/11 memorial because Donald Trump wanted to exile her to Cuba.
  • nidhiinidhii Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    How a war cause exile of citizen Article gave a regeneration to a fainted circulation of XY Newspaper in all over the Country .
    ---------------------------------
    An article on how a war caused the exile of a citizen gave resurgence to the poor circulation of XY newspaper all over the country.
    @Frank
    I like the Clinton one.
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,148 mod
    While in exile in the outer moon of Saturn, I happened across a newspaper from Earth and promptly fainted!
  • abhishekb9099abhishekb9099 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yesterday I bought a newspaper of Local Brand called Trump and I found most of the letters fainted, so I filed a complaint to exile that newspaper.
    ---------------------------
    Yesterday I bought a local newspaper called Trump and I found most of the letters faint, so I filed a complaint to ban that newspaper.

(I'm very glad too!)
This discussion has been closed.