Hello.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The April rain, the April rain,
Comes slanting down in fitful showers,
Then from the furrow shoots the grain,
And banks are fledged with nestling flowers;
And in grey shawl and woodland bowers
The cuckoo through the April rain
Calls once again."

Mathilde Blind, April Rain
Don't forget to check the calendar(s) for session times. Sessions are held on different platforms, so be sure to find out where the session will take place:-

Speaking Practice

LEN English sessions:-
http://www.learnenglish.de/calendar/learnenglishcalendar.html

Listening Practice 24/7

English radio playlists:-
http://www.englishradio.be/musicevents/calendar.html

Postcard #6 - What's the name of this Japanese city? What's the name of the temple?

ZomZom Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Countries and Travel
Hello LEO members,

Last Saturday @Shiny03 took me to visit a place in Japan and we decided to make postcard #6 about that place. Listen to the recording and watch the photos we took that day. Can you answer these two questions:-

What Japanese city did we go to that day? What is the name of the temple we visited?

The recording:

Listen to "Postcard #6 - What's this Japanese city? What's the name of the temple?" on Spreaker.

IMG_20161203_063910IMG_20161203_073139IMG_20161203_072746IMG_20161203_063422

Comments

• aladdinaladdin Radio Producer LEOnetworkPosts: 1,471 mod
    Where are you in those photo @zom and @Shiny03 :D ?
  • mohit_singhmohit_singh Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭✭
    I got the answer.
    It is Kyoto and the temple is Kiyomizu-dera.
    Thanks for the pictures @Zom. It is really helpful. Kyoto is full with Buddhist temple.
    And with train it is 1 hour journey from Osaka.
    May be this temple is little closer or in between Osaka and Kyoto.As you mention that you stop at some station.
  • aprilapril Moderator Posts: 9,908 mod
    edited December 2016
    Were you in Kyoto, @Zom and @Shiny03 ?
    I love Kyoto, but I don't think I visited that park when I was there.
    About the temple; there are a lot of temples in Kyoto and they all look similar.
    However, because you mentioned the name of the park I'd guess you visited Yasaka Temple. (Or is it a shrine? )
  • amatsuscribbleramatsuscribbler Teacher Posts: 2,113 mod
    I think you were in Kyoto and the temple.... well I couldn't decide whether it was Kofuku-ji or Kiymizu.
    Kiyomizu Dera Temple in Kyoto city
  • mheredgemheredge Wordsmith Here and therePosts: 24,927 mod
    @Zom I recognised this as Kyoto from when I went last year, even though it was chucking it down with rain!
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It is Kiyomizudera temple, Gion, Kyoto.

• ZomZom Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we were in Kyoto that day. Well done guys! There are only good answer for this question.
    As for the temple, @mohit_singh, @aladdin and @Bubbly got it right. It's Kiyomizu-dera temple.

@mohit_singh Well done! You were fast to get this one.

@aladdin, You got it right too. Well done! BTW how do you know that neither @Shiny03 and I are not on the photo? Maybe because of the kimono. :P

Yes, @April, we were in Kyoto. We decided to go through Maruyama park, but we didn't visit any of the temples in that park. Yes, Yasaka-jinja is a shrine and there are three temples in that park, Shorenin, Chionin, and Choraku-ji.

It was Kiyomizu @amatsuscribbler. It's great having you playing this game. :D

@mheredge - I've been lucky, it's been mainly sunshine or overcast days but no rain since I arrived in Japan. It's perfect weather to soak it up.
    @mohit_singh, @aladdin, @Bubbly
    The three of you got it right, but because this postcard is a recording, here is the additional question to decide of the final winner(s).

Listen to the recording again and answer this question.
    What is the ritual you have to follow to go through the gates that lead to the temple?

Note: Send your answer in a private message.
    edited December 2016
    hello! I just sent a private message.@zom
    @Zom that is why I'm asking you where are you in this photo it might one of those who wearing kimono. :P ?
    @aladdin, the photos were you can spot Shiny or I haven't been released in the WWW.
    @mohit_singh, @Bubbly perfect answer for the additional question. You two will receive Postcard #6 prize. Well done!

@aladdin, waiting for your answer about this additional question. ^^

Hurray!!! Finally I win atleast one postcard challenge.I am looking forward to win more. :p :p
    @mohit_singh, @Bubbly, @aladdin -The Japanese artists have been doing a great job and @Shiny03 and I have the pleasure to tell that your prize is now on it's way. They left Japan today. :D
    Thank you, @zom :D wait a minute you didn't send me a DNA of Leonard Nimoy, did you?
    LOL - @aladdin. I know it's Christmas, but we are not in one of the Big Bang Theory episodes, are we?
  • huong24221huong24221 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    wow, i hope to visit to here.
    Traveling is great @huong24221 and I felt very lucky to be there. :D
  • BubblyBubbly Nightingale Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Another postcard received today.

It is so cute! <3 <3 <3 <br />Thank you @Zom @Shiny03
    @Bubbly - These Japanese artists are talented, aren't they? ^.^